Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a complete list of what i am going to do for performance mods majority will be purchased through ADMgarage.com and are listed in cost of mod kinda
1.vietneess throttle controller
2. 25mm manifold insulators
3. camaro long tube headers/full exhaust
4. tune
5.otr oressome cold air intake
6.3.27 lsd differential
7.CPR6 intake manifold
8.210/210 mace cams
probably be a while before its all done and may out in some supporting mods for the cams if deemed necessary. going to build this car instead of buying a GT. wish me luck. if there is anything else i decide to put on i will add to this thread and post results and install videos :driving::aus_flag:

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey how is the throttle controller and performance from stock and with this new mod would you recommend to someone to get it? congrats with g8 v6 goodluck modding

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would definitely recommend getting this. From stock is a very noticeable difference. Pulls way harder! And I have gotten better mileage on the Eco mode! Basicaly on sports mode it sends a stronger signal in the fly by wire system. I ordered mine from ADMgarage.com excellent price and service!

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Lots of mods to do bro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, You dont have in your list a compressor... Is this something you have already think of, and "mesure" that it would not be a "good" choice (availability, price vs gain, etc) ??? I'm begening a "research" on that, at this very moment, and... I thought you may have already done that research ? or not... tks. (ps: crappy english = french-speaking, sorry)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By compressor you mean brake booster? I have allready found one. Or are you thinking of something else I'm not to sure what you mean

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry, I did not have any "warnings" about your reply, so.. I forgot and... now, I just "passed by".

so, I ment a supercharger, belt driven.

sorry for crappy english, I'm french speaking..

I'm still on the "hold" to buy a Base (G8), and planning to add a little bit of Zip in it, or putting 5k more, for a GT. Thing is that this will be a DD-car, and fuel is more than 4$/ga, here, and ... well, I still have my "old" toy (450hp '87 Trans-Am GTA), that I take once a while to the dragstrip... In a few Y, It could be sold to my oldest son, and then, in my '50s, I look fwd to have some 600hp-427 G8... But for now, for a few y, the Base (v6) shall be ok, especially in winter (0 deg and 3+months of snow)... Still, as a "good gear-head", I'm not comfortable with a "plain stock" car, and so, I'm thinking at wich mods for wich price and results... The supercharger looks like a dam easy way for lotsa hp... but everything but cheap. I did my "homeworks" after my post, but did not take notes.. but I was very expensive...

I'll bookmark that forum, and will be back more often, as two very cheap Base-GT (on hi-millage and one with an accident-repaired 3y ago) are in my target, ... Or... I'll stay calm, and wait for the august-september price-drop, for a GT, wich would only received a nice exaust and CAI (and tune), not much... .

Regards

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
I went with custom straight pipes. Wow she's loud.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes my 3 inch axle backs to 3.5 inch tips are straight pipes. Also X pipe. It's a little raspy and loud .
No headers yet. But when I do I will get 2010 camaro headers. They bolt right up and they don't foul on anything.
In the spring she will be dynoed again. I have done a few things since the last run. But the 0-60 mph I have gotten to 5.98 secs. It will do better in the spring hopefully.

Our cars looks the same as well. Lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts