Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just picked up my new G8 GT today. :thumbsup:

Loving the car so far! I happened to pick the perfect spot to park my '99 Trans AM trade at their lot today. They just so happened to pull out and park the new G8 GT right next to the TA and I thought to snap a couple of pics (cell phone pics).

BTW, it turns out that my '99 Trans Am (I am second owner) was purchased from the exact same dealership (Pearson in Sunnyvale, CA) that I just bought my new G8. The salesman looked it up in the system and asked me if I was the original owner because I was not in their system!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did you pay for it? I might buy one from Pearson also...
Thanks,
Mike
I paid $31,981 before TTL (and without the $3,000 incentive since I went for 0% finance). MSRP on it was $34,290. They had a black on black one (older stock) which they quoted for $30,000 last week. The one I got was newer stock with factory bluetooth so he couldn't go as low as the older stock (sounded true to me from what I heard about GM trying to move the older stock cars with an extra dealer incentive in March). Jim is the interent manager at Pearson and he seemed like he genuinely tried to get me the best deal possible. The guys at Pearson all seemed pretty straight up with their customers and no real hard selling (and they have a bad ass 1968 Firebird car that ran the 24 hours of Daytona in the show room that I think is the owners car).

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow, congrats. How does the G8 feel compared to your ls1 ta? I used to have a LS1 TA also, and I loved it..im sure the g8 feels alot nicer...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, congrats. How does the G8 feel compared to your ls1 ta? I used to have a LS1 TA also, and I loved it..im sure the g8 feels alot nicer...
Yeah - the build quality of the G8 is just a lot nicer (sure the fact that it is ten years newer helps). Just much smoother over bumps, much quieter (mush less road noise). No more thinking "oh my god I think I just snapped the frame in half" because of the shock the TA would feel when I hit a pot hole. Both are very fast and fun cars to drive - loved my TA! But the TA has that "boy racer" feel to it where the G8 is just much more classy. I feel like I am driving a BMW now but still with all the power of the TA - it is really a night and day difference. And friends actually want to ride with me now because you don't need a can opener to get in and out of the backseats... :driving:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah - the build quality of the G8 is just a lot nicer (sure the fact that it is ten years newer helps). Just much smoother over bumps, much quieter (mush less road noise). No more thinking "oh my god I think I just snapped the frame in half" because of the shock the TA would feel when I hit a pot hole. Both are very fast and fun cars to drive - loved my TA! But the TA has that "boy racer" feel to it where the G8 is just much more classy. I feel like I am driving a BMW now but still with all the power of the TA - it is really a night and day difference. And friends actually want to ride with me now because you don't need a can opener to get in and out of the backseats... :driving:
part of me always wanted the Bimmer, but honestly I dont want to get that kind of attention- Where the G8 is more quiet but does everything a 3/5 series does and in some cases better (performance, interior room)...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts