Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took her to a muffler shop last week, to have the whole exhaust redone after the headers flanges in all the way back in 2.5", so a new Magnaflow X in 2.5" went in, along with Magnaflow 12226 oval mufflers, kept my old Flowmaster dual 3" tips. The result was a 2.5 " custom O/R mid pipe with x pipe, and 2.5" full catback.

Overall, very quiet inside the cabin compared to my old hacked setup with the factory catback, 2.25" Magnaflow X and 2.25 Magnapack mufflers. I have no drone at all with this setup, no that the famous drone bothers me, but if i had some with the Magnapacks, is gone in my new setup, or at least my ears cant detect any :), while satisfied, i'm missing some of the Magnapack rumble i had before, but i guess i can always add some cutouts later on if i get bothered with the lack of noise :turbonaughtdy_1: Lol

Sorry for the crappy cell pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And a startup/rev clip, a lot, and i mean a lot less louder on startups compared to the Magnapacks, one of the reasons i switched to bigger Magnaflow mufflers, while still retaining the sound of a performance V8 engine.

http://youtu.be/34cfZkg0Te8

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, still getting used to the quiet cabin, for real is super quiet, if it wasn't because she's still loud outside when I give her gas, i'll be changing the mufflers one more time :), I wanted to try Borla, but she's plenty loud when I go WOT, and quiet when cruising, which is what I wanted to accomplished because of the O/R setup. The less attention she gets when cruising in terms of sound, the more piece of mind I get (Gotta love Kalifornia), plus because of the new mid pipe routing, i'll be able to fit the cheap Magnaflow 94106 cats I have for smog purposes next year when she's due, there is no raspiness on decel, there is a nice and aggressive tone when accelerating hard, quiet during normal acceleration when cruising, quiet inside the cabin, all of this with LT's and no cats, I couldn't have asked for a better setup in terms of noise.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds good. Cam it and it will sound great with that system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.