Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
ATW? Could you explain that to me please lol? Seem like good numbers though I love the way these LS motors respond to mods. with that Maggie those numbers will be crazy!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Absolutely, positively agree. Normal driving, as expected, not greatly different. Any harder throttle, or really hard throttle, it's suddenly lets out a roar so deep and mean it scared me the first time yesterday...had to do it again this morning, just for fun, though;)

Had a deeper growl with my brief Volant stint and the same with an OTR from Oz, but nothing at all like with the Roto. And I like the way it feels in every way, too, more than any other--the VMS tune to match is probably the biggest help there, though.

:iagree: Got mine today. Nino installed it for me... I stopped by whilst on business in Houston. Thanks Nino!! Sorry I couldn't hang around. I would have enjoyed listening to your GXP and its mods but I had a 200 mile ride back to north of Austin with a 6pm deadline. Made it by 5:50... Damn, Houston traffic sucks, even on the beltway!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nino

When are you putting the maggie and kooks on??

I'm interested in buying your current headers if you are willing. :wink2:

Also, not to hijack the thread, but can you tell me the cost of a new windshield - installed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Maggie is pushed back about a month.

I am putting CTS-V wheels on tuesday, then some 2 piece front rotors and then some Tein Coilovers.

Once all that is done Ill see what I can get out of it at the track, change the headers and midpipe and put on the Maggie. :)

No clue on the windshield???

·
Official Glass Tech
641 Posts
Also, not to hijack the thread, but can you tell me the cost of a new windshield - installed?
not to offend anyone here, but i would contact your local auto glass shop... prices will be significatly cheaper than going through any dealer.. i would also contact your insurance if you're not sure what Comp deductible you carry as well...

nino, where did you get the Tein's from? is it the SS with EDFC?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Have not ordered them yet, I am taking baby steps right now on parts because I have so much other stuff happening with my parts biz.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nino do the CTS-V wheels fit with no mods, are the pictures with CTS-V tires , is the backspacing correct or rear fenders need rolling. jerry

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks good Nino, welcome to the CTS-V Wheel Club.

Mike

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
OK, so I made it back to the track last night and got a couple of runs in before it was too busy.

Conditions were not great. Hot, Humid and a DA above 2100 but all in all it could always be worse.

First run was the best and it was so damn packed I only got 2 total.

2.05 60'
108.25 mph

Not bad.

The tires were a huge help. The car hooked right out of the hole and could have even done a little better.

My second run...I dont want to talk about...spin spin spin all the way to a 13.45

Car lacks top end.

6 tenths faster with only 3 mph more. But 12's are there I think even on just a better day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
are the kooks pipes compatible with the slp mufflers? those things are badass! and are the high flow cats really that restrictive?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts