Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed these goodies a few days ago and thought I would post up the pics. I know there are a million pics of these mods already posted but it never hurts t have some fresh ones.

I went with the TRS 4300K Hids. the fogs are 16W CREE led. the fogs are as bright as anything but projection and usable light are another story. I think I will end up going with some of the 25w Hid fogs soon.
I also must say again that the customer service at TRS was excellent and the i ended up knowing the guy i talked to because we were the high school grad class.....small world!!

Before:

After:

VG sharkfin:

redline goodies:
i want to take the shifter bag back off and trim the "neck" of the bag down a little bit. it seems that it is too tall and makes the bag crater, if u will, down at the bottom. extremely happy with results though!

Camaro 20s:
already posted a pic when i first got them but here is another!

Buddies Ram 1500:
mcgauhys drop kit, oem srt10 wheels, debaged, de trimmed, 5k Hids, mid length headers (unsure of brand), side exit exhaust, diablo tuner, bilstein shocks. and maybe some others im missing. He was there to lend a hand for all my projects so far, so i figure i would represent his ride an see what you guys think!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a few more:

my next mod:
everything needed s pictured here except for the calipers. they are at the powder coaters and hopefully i can pick them up this week. i will post up some pics of this project when its complete!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I love my TRS hids, redline armrest cover and VG sharkfin! I like the looks of the LED fogs. Do you have any pictures of the fogs with maybe only the park lights on? As far as useable light, are they anything close to the oem bulbs?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, those HIDs make a huge difference, I didnt realize that. Looks good!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The led fogs suck for anything other than looks. The stock lamps definitely project more useable light. I don't have any more pics but I can snap some and post up.
Yea they make leather bags for the auto. I always kinda thought the plastic at the bottom of the shifter looks kinda cheap so this was a nice and affordable upgrade.

I'm finished off my brake upgrade as well today. I'm gonna post up those pics in a new thread proba ly in the brake section. I must say that the scheme I weant with looks nothing less than amazing!! Check out the brake section tomorrow for a few pics

Here's a teaser:

rspgrassp://s8.photobucket.com/user/rpss4844/media/20130616_184236_zps7fe4b85c.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cool mods! Welcome to the VG fin club :D I might have to grab up that shifter bag, it does look much better than the factory plastic.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Great mods! FYI I installed these LED fogs a few weeks back and while they still don't compare to HID they are the brightest LEDs I've seen or used yet. Main thing is you want them with a projector lense on the front to amplify forward lighting. Car looks stellar btw! Also, did you have to bleed the brakes after installing the front calipers? http://www.ebay.com/itm/261202607086

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I installed these LED fogs a few weeks back...
You have those exact ones? The PO must've installed some other type of bulb on my fogs because to me they are USELESS. Even with what look like stock bulbs I don't see much extra light beyond the edge of the hood!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yes I had to bleed the brakes. I did all four corners and installed SS brake lines. I bled them extra good to get all the old fluid out. Haven't got around to posting the rest of the pics yet. I travel for work and just have been real busy and left my camera at home.
I have Cree led but mine are only 16w and are super bright. I could only imagine that those 50w that u linked to are blinding

These are what I oredered. I dont recall seeing any 50w when I ordered mine http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=360677879025

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
You have those exact ones? The PO must've installed some other type of bulb on my fogs because to me they are USELESS. Even with what look like stock bulbs I don't see much extra light beyond the edge of the hood!
Yes have those exact ones. Had a set of 16 watters in before and they were completely worthless but looked nice and matched my HIDs haha.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Yes I had to bleed the brakes. I did all four corners and installed SS brake lines. I bled them extra good to get all the old fluid out. Haven't got around to posting the rest of the pics yet. I travel for work and just have been real busy and left my camera at home.
I have Cree led but mine are only 16w and are super bright. I could only imagine that those 50w that u linked to are blinding

These are what I oredered. I dont recall seeing any 50w when I ordered mine http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=360677879025
Yeah I came close to getting those a few times also. Just noticed you are in Georgia. You need to come out with us to C&O soon.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It's still an auto right? Just with a boot?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is correct camopaint.

PMed you littleton.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is that the solid leather option from redline?
Was looking at them after I saw it in pics. I dont really like their two toned option for the auto shifter. I think if i was gona get one id have to get solid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes its a solid one. I went with the medium blue stitching but you can barely tell its there. I would describe it as more of a dark blue, so if you want some stiching that stands out go with a light color.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yeah I came close to getting those a few times also. Just noticed you are in Georgia. You need to come out with us to C&O soon.
If things go my way, I'll be down there too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts