Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 G8 GT and I purchased a new Flashpaq 2840, specifically for the G8GT CAI tunes, as well as the TCM options they offer as opposed to Diablo.
Upon receipt of the Flashpaq 2840, I updated the product using the downloaded software. I installed the 91 octane Superchips performance tune and then I reconnected the flashpaq to my computer to upgrade to the Vararam cold air intake package. No upgrades were offered on the software. I contacted customer support and explained the situation. Two hours later I received a call from Superchips and they told me I could now update my Flashpaq and it would install the Vararam options. I did this, however upon installing this in my car (Vararam Performance 91) I saw that in the advanced options the "Rev Limiter" and "Shift Torque" options had disappeared.

I went back to the software to see if I could remove the CAI upgrade and return to the 91 perf tune instead and it was (and still is) not an available option. I called customer support again explaining that the tune they provided me did not include the "shift torque" or "rev limiter" options, on Thursday 5/30/13. I also asked if there would be anyway that I could have the option to go back to the Superchip 91 Performance Tune (i.e..cancel the Vararam) until the issue was resolved. Having tested both on the car, I felt that the 'shift torque' option available with the Superchips Tune had a much greater impact on the responsiveness of the car than the Vararam 91 tune without the 'shift torque'. I have not received a response to my question, which was sent via email on May 31st. I did however receive a phone call from Superchips on June 3rd requesting me to use the Flashpaq to return my vehicle to the stock settings (????) and wait for further instructions. It is now June 6th and I have not received any further instructions, information or responses to my questions from their tech department.

I tried to post on the Superchips forum as well, but there are issues with that too and they don't send out the emails to confirm registration...

Anyone else have similar problems?
Should I send the Flashpaq back (30 day refund) or wait it out?

Seems like a good product if it would function properly... the software update didn't work, the Vararam tune was incomplete and their forum doesn't allow people to register. Customer service keeps telling me "the Tech Department is working on it".. ????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Quick update... took a trip up to Bonneville with the incomplete Vararam 91 tune installed (i.e., no torque shift, no rev limiter). Had speed limiter set to "raised" and the car cut out at 140mph. That's up 3mph from the 137mph I've seen before, but not exactly the 'raised' I was looking for... received a call from Superchips this week telling me to plug the Flashpaq into the computer for an update and the end result was no change to the Vararam tune. Still no Shift Torque! However I was finally able to remove the CAI tune and go back to the original Superchips options, which do include the Shift Torque and Rev Limiter. Since the Vararam CAI uses the OEM MAF, I'm not really sure how much the specific tune matters overall, but I am sure that the Shift Torque matters a lot! I have it set to Superchips value and the car is a beast... an absolute must have, in my opinion. Hope to test the top end again soon...

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I've tested the top, and she'll go way over 140mph with enough room. Had Trigger up to 170 on the dyno.

I preferred the ST around 50%, and the more mods I added, the lower I preferred the ST. Now, with LT headers I've got it set to stock ST.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response SRG963. Yeah modding is an ongoing process for me... just like to get the most out of what I have paid for so far and based on my own personal experience behind the wheel with the Flashpaq... the ST setting affects the responsiveness of the vehicle more than any other single setting. I would love to do more, e.g. suspension, headers... but it's probably going to take a lot of time (Would need a backyard money tree or a large bank heist to speed it up...)

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
How much did you pay for the superchips, and what mods are you planning in the future?

Do you datalog, or have an air fuel ratio gauge?

Sounds like fun to play on the salt flats. Sure beats speed racing like this:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts