Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the new 404 stroker and yank3600ss were installed I found myself struggling with high tranny temps. So I did some research on different forums and found the tranny cooler I wanted. It might be a little overkill but I think it will help with temps just nicely.

Cooler is a Tru-cool 40k GVW and measures 8.5"x22.75"x1.25"
And I have all my AN-Fittings to connect this massive unit to the front of the car.

I will post results as soon as I get it on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thats the size of an intercooler! Interested in the results. Should keep temps down for sure.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's almost the same size as mine. I'm having issues trying to figure out mounting. The front impact plastic has to come out. It's gonna be a challenge to get it right but should work. Mine is 23 long by 8 high. It's a beast. I got it for free so I'm trying to make it work for free :)

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's almost the same size as mine. I'm having issues trying to figure out mounting. The front impact plastic has to come out. It's gonna be a challenge to get it right but should work. Mine is 23 long by 8 high. It's a beast. I got it for free so I'm trying to make it work for free :)

Yea I have the ssv conversion done so I have a little more to play with. And if I have to ill take the plastic impact part off

·
Registered
346 Posts
im interested because from what I have been reading heat tends to be our biggest issue on the trans as in cause of failure more so with the mods your running

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so today in dallas it was 80degrees. Driving city tranny temp was at 190-210.

So thats my base line. Ill be eliminating the stock cooler and just running this one. Since I live in texas I didnt buy the thermal bypass. But later on I can add it. If needed

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well install went great. I havent had time to get results just yet but I will update once complete

First it was off with the bumper and crash bumper.

Then it was off with the washer fluid container. So that I had room to work with.

I ended up not using the washer bottle container. And will be doing a smaller one.

I installed the cooler with the same holes that the washer container was bolted to using the supplied brackets

I installed the fittings and lines and put everything back together. I also filled the tranny cooler with fluid and also the lines with fluid before install. Used about a qrt of fluid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yea I was looking at that. Im about to do a turbo kit. So looks like ill be finding a new space for this

i like how shane had his, but his was much smaller than yours... prolly the same one i'm goin with when/if i do a stall, and camaro pan and all that.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

I have a cooler that will fit LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts