Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, after almost 2 years, I finally got a kill in my "baby 8". Sitting at the lights, an RX8 pulls up on the right. For sure an exhaust but that's probably it. Lowered, candy striping on the side and hood. Driver wearing sunglasses that covered his entire face for crying out loud. His lane merges and he's revving up to overtake me, glances over to take in the beauty of the G8 and proceeds to put both hands at 10 and 2. He's sooooo ready. I chuckle a bit and realize the massive probability that he's gonna take me, but why not give it a shot. I've never street raced in my life, but something deep down was telling me, "just do it, just this once".

Well, the green hits and we both floor it. I'm still on winter tires and TC is on in sport mode. He pulls a little (those RX8s have useless low end, kind of like mine lol) but I'm right there with him. As soon as 2nd hits, he's starting to gain a little more, but I'm still right at his rear quarter panel. I figure it's over now but wait....what's that? A missed shift? Ohhhhh, so sorry little Mazda, toodles....gave a wave as I flew past him to the next lights.

Yes, I know an RX8 isn't a great kill like the 5.0s and Camaros of the world, but damn if it didn't put the biggest smile on my face. Driver mod FTW!!:driving:

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
LOL I'll never forget the day I took down an RX8 with my G8 GT. Older guy that lives in my neighborhood tried to turn with me at the green light to cut me off.... never happened. GOod kill.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
When he said kill in a V6, I thought he had ran over a squirrel or a wounded baby bird... :shiner:.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
A kill is a kill, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Way to Go!!!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Awwhhh (like your kid did something cute ) lol. Cool kill.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When he said kill in a V6, I thought he had ran over a squirrel or a wounded baby bird... :shiner:.
Lol, I know, I know. And if he hadn't royally screwed up, he would've won, but as the saying goes, Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Great kill! V6 or V8, gotta represent the G8, and doing it against an RX8 is sweet!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
lol at drivermod in the automatic

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Hahaha same thing i thought

C’mon, guys, don’t be hatin’ on the V6 guys. We’re all G8s here, we’re family: give props where props are due, and any kill against a worthy competitor is deserving of said props. Sure, if a 1000 hp twin-turbo GXP beat a stock RX8, that might not be worth celebrating, but karlhungus is proud of his kill, as he should be.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
Haha good one. Good kill OP! Definitely the first story I have read in this section that involved a V6 G8.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's all just friendly ribbing I'm sure. Heck, if you can't laugh at yourself, you're gonna have a hard life, but thanks for getting my back Turbo lol.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 24 Posts