Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best photos nor is the car clean but lol

Wrapped in Hankook V12s. I love these tires!

The rear rotors are such eye sores. Looks like some dog came along, lifted up its leg and diarrhea'd all over them. They still work as they are relatively new. I have GT Centrics in my garage though. They'll get put on at some point.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Aside from the stock GXP rims, these are the best looking IMHO on the G8.

Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Need info on sizes of wheels and tires. Did you go through ModBargins? Did you roll the rear fenders?

I just ordered these in Solor Rain Flake powdercoat staggered 19x8.5+35 and 19x9.5+45 and Ventus V12 255/40 and 285/35. The backs are backordered several months.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Those look amazing! Im waiting for the two sets we have on order for Dousail2 and another customer! They are going to look amazing! I love this wheel, just wished that VMR would speed up the delivery!

Can we use the pics on the website?

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need info on sizes of wheels and tires. Did you go through ModBargins? Did you roll the rear fenders?

I just ordered these in Solor Rain Flake powdercoat staggered 19x8.5+35 and 19x9.5+45 and Ventus V12 255/40 and 285/35. The backs are backordered several months.
I'm running a 255 square setup on all four. I only have a V6 and didn't find it necessary (yet) to get large tires.

Those look amazing! Im waiting for the two sets we have on order for Dousail2 and another customer! They are going to look amazing! I love this wheel, just wished that VMR would speed up the delivery!

Can we use the pics on the website?
Yes you can. I got my wheels within 10 business days.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Looks great! A drop and it will be perfect

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I'm running a 255 square setup on all four. I only have a V6 and didn't find it necessary (yet) to get large tires.
Hell's: I suspect they are 19x8.5+35 all around?.

Elliott: I think the reason we don't see many of these on G8's is they don't appear in the G8 section on your sight only in the BMW section. Not that you need to change anything because I kind of like the fact that you don't see many people with this wheel.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Not too shabby. Are they light?

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hell's: I suspect they are 19x8.5+35 all around?.

Elliott: I think the reason we don't see many of these on G8's is they don't appear in the G8 section on your sight only in the BMW section. Not that you need to change anything because I kind of like the fact that you don't see many people with this wheel.
They are +45. When I looked it up for 245 series, the offset was +35. Either way the tire is exactly where i want it to be.

Not too shabby. Are they light?
About 26lbs each.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
They are +45. When I looked it up for 245 series, the offset was +35. Either way the tire is exactly where i want it to be.

About 26lbs each.
Interesting. That's what my 20's weigh. But your tires are a lot cheaper ;)

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The front looks like they stick out further than a +45. Regardless these look great on your car ! Actually the 255s don't fit the wheelwells to bad. As low as these cars sit I really don't think a drop is needed in your case. The wait for my staggered rear wheels to get in is going to kill me. I want to get these on my car so bad. I'm probably looking at late July right now if everything comes together (come on Elliott).

P.S. You need to get rid of the GM Chicklet. A little fishing line and some GooGone and your set.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The front looks like they stick out further than a +45. Regardless these look great on your car ! Actually the 255s don't fit the wheelwells to bad. As low as these cars sit I really don't think a drop is needed in your case. The wait for my staggered rear wheels to get in is going to kill me. I want to get these on my car so bad. I'm probably looking at late July right now if everything comes together (come on Elliott).

P.S. You need to get rid of the GM Chicklet. A little fishing line and some GooGone and your set.
Thanks for the comments.

I agree that +45 seemed more like a +35 but the wheel is pretty much where I want it to be, regardless of the number.

I debated staggered vs square for a long time but since my car is a V6 (no LSD), I didn't feel it was necessary to go that route yet. I love these tires. The old Goodyears scared me!

Might do a mild drop just to close the wheel gap a bit. Lots of over developing in my area which is turning the roads into concrete brittle. Has me a bit weary but I'll look at my options.

You'll love the wheels. They look better in person. And, yeah, I'll get rid of the GM badging soon.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great wheel choice selection :thumbsup:

Definitely need to drop it now! Here are a couple shots of what mine looks like with the same wheels and a drop with H&R springs. Maybe a little motivation for ya!!!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Great wheel choice selection :thumbsup:

Definitely need to drop it now! Here are a couple shots of what mine looks like with the same wheels and a drop with H&R springs. Maybe a little motivation for ya!!!

Now that's tight!

·
Registered
479 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts