Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a sneak peak of what I decided on. Sorry but they will probably not get installed until end March/early April when a) the winter breaks in NJ and b) when my vibration problem is completely solved.

Wheels are staggered: MRR Design GT5's, 19x8.5 front +38 offset, 19x9.5 rear +45 offset. Fronts weigh 28.5# each; Rears weigh 27.5# each (the wider rears are lighter, I weighed them myself - weird). My G8 is Silver with Black accents and I love the deep lip so I thought these would deliver the look I am aiming for (new front lip spoiler will be dark carbon fiber too).

Tires are Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110's, 255/40-19 Front and 285/35-19 Rear. Fronts weigh 29#; Rears weigh 30#. Total weight for all 4 wheels and tires is 230# - almost identical to stock. If I find that the 285's no longer light-up at will, the 3.70 rear will fix that. LOL.

New TPMS's came from our vendor, TPMSXpress.

I will remain at stock height for now. Once they are installed, I will check fitment to see if I can do a 295 on my next rear set.

Here are the pix...I'll try to get them installed as soon as it makes sense. Enjoy!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice wheels and they look biger than 19"

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
I like those wheels, good choice!

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Darn nice!!!!! It will look great on your car!!!!!

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, and I am not talking about the wheels. Interesting choice of color for the leather.
LOL. Leather couch is from 1991 when laquer, mauve, and teal were in :mullet::barf:

Last 10+ years, it's been in the basement where the kids can't detroy it because it's built like a tank. :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
sexy wheels man. Maybe you should have spent the money on a new couch though :drink:

jk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok :judge: one single question
Why we are talking about the couch instead of the video game on to the second tire? By the way which game it is?

:pir_flag::pir_flag::pir_flag::pir_flag::pir_flag:

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok :judge: one single question
Why we are talking about the couch instead of the video game on to the second tire? By the way which game it is?

:pir_flag::pir_flag::pir_flag::pir_flag::pir_flag:
Finally! We have a Winner! Someone noticed it. It's the latest Forza that my kids play. My son built and races a G8 GXP in the game that looks a lot like my car. I just thought I'd throw that in there for fun.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Finally! We have a Winner! Someone noticed it. It's the latest Forza that my kids play. My son built and races a G8 GXP in the game that looks a lot like my car. I just thought I'd throw that in there for fun.
I saw it yesterday but I was not sure if it was FORZA; cause I have a PS3 and the front picture kind of different. post picture of you son GXP LOL!!!

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
i wonder how that leather would look for my interior

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good looking wheels. No comment on the couch!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I saw it yesterday but I was not sure if it was FORZA; cause I have a PS3 and the front picture kind of different. post picture of you son GXP LOL!!!
there is no forza for ps3.............................

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Loving those fatties. The wheels are going to look pretty bad a$$ on your G8
Yeah the couch is blinding me but I remember when those colors were in. Scary!

·
Registered
297 Posts
there is no forza for ps3.............................
That might be the reazon the picture is not the same :whine::whine::whine:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.