41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
I voted for Strada.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pontiac G8 Huntsman.................I reneg on my previous vote for Brute because most wouldn't recognise it for it's meaning.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
OK, I've been holding out for awhile, namely because I wanted to see some of the other offerings. Here's my thought on the name: REDUX. Pronounced: REDO. Meaning: revived, brought back to life, redone anew. Its short simple, easy to pronounce, once you know how, and to my knowledge, hasn't been used before. Since this is essentially the second time around for this type of vehicle at GM, why not?:angel:

·
I miss Pontiac & G8 ST
510 Posts
OK, I've been holding out for awhile, namely because I wanted to see some of the other offerings. Here's my thought on the name: REDUX. Pronounced: REDO. Meaning: revived, brought back to life, redone anew. Its short simple, easy to pronounce, once you know how, and to my knowledge, hasn't been used before. Since this is essentially the second time around for this type of vehicle at GM, why not?
Great minds think alike. ;)

I still like STorm although many think of the Geo, and I still like TempeST as well. With what everyone thinks and the alphanumeric scheme Pontiac is going to I forsee just plain old G8 ST in the future.

PS: Looks like the pronunciation may be this:

Pronunciation
IPA: /ˈridʌks/

·
I bleed Burnt Orange
50 Posts
G8 Sport Truck.

http://www.pontiac.com/newcars/

wow, that's really exciting.:rolleyes: so much for the excitement division being reborn.

Edit: Actually I read the fine print on the contest. The winner will be announced 4/30/08. So maybe there is still hope.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Edit: Actually I read the fine print on the contest. The winner will be announced 4/30/08. So maybe there is still hope.
I thought I read the fine print too. I would have sworn that it said winner announced 4-15. :err: But, the sweepstakes page is still operating.

·
I miss Pontiac & G8 ST
510 Posts
Yep winner to be announced on 4/30.

I found this bit in the official rules interesting.

"In the event that the Vehicle Name provided by the potential Grand Prize winner is, in the sole discretion of the Administrator, deemed inappropriate or offensive, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected."

So all the chuckleheads that thought they'd be cute and give it a stupid or vulgar name get tossed out if they are "drawn".

Better odds for me. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Winner soon

so what does the winner, when the name is announced by Pontiac,win in the contest?

:driving: a 6 speed would be fun.................

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
so what does the winner, when the name is announced by Pontiac,win in the contest?

:driving: a 6 speed would be fun.................
The opportunity to wait for approximately 6 months before they are handed the keys to a new G8 ST or whatever its called!:gears:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, Subaru stole the Outback name. That would have been a good name. On another note, someone at GM Inside News posted a link to Autoextremist. The head **** decided he wanted to express his personal displeasure for the ST. Since there is no link to the ST article specifically, this link will push the ST editorial back each week. http://www.autoextremist.com/ For future reference, it is rant #437. An exerpt:

It's this type of "old school" thinking that will be Pontiac's end. I agree that GM should let the leash out some on Pontiac. Let them try some non-conventional ideas. Seems like Pontiac is on it's last leg. It can either go out swinging or die off like a bitch.

Actually, I would let Subaru claim the name outback, they have earned it. Australia has always been the second largest export market for Subaru after the US (not bad for a country of 20 Million) and there are still plenty of 80's Subaru Brumby's (Brat) getting around in rural Australia.

·
I bleed Burnt Orange
50 Posts
Yep winner to be announced on 4/30.

I found this bit in the official rules interesting.

"In the event that the Vehicle Name provided by the potential Grand Prize winner is, in the sole discretion of the Administrator, deemed inappropriate or offensive, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected."

So all the chuckleheads that thought they'd be cute and give it a stupid or vulgar name get tossed out if they are "drawn".

Better odds for me. :D
I'd bet money someone on this site or LS1GTO wins. And it's gonna be me, ya bunch of loooosers.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts