Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says I need the exhaust on my car a little louder. not solo louder so don't tell me to do that lol. I have kooks mids and the magnaflow 16887 cat back. was wondering if I cut out the mid muffler this kit has on it would that make it a little louder? the 16795 is the same kit but no mid muffler. any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Mike: This is getting scary, as we are rally starting to think alike. I have been doing the same research over the last couple of weeks and I am really serious thinking of having some custom Hooker maxflow made up. See thread.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184330

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I know ken it is kind of scary! The catback that's on my car has a x up front then it has a mid muffler. So I was just thinking of cutting out the mid muffler to make it sound a little louder. I read the thread before it's just hard to pick a new exhaust without hearing it in person

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
By the way Shawn's exhaust arrived yesterday. Kook's coated 1 7/8 long tubes. Solo Mach full 3" with 3.5 dual tips on the Jpipes. The thing is monstrous. He is going to have to build a heck of a motor to make use of all that volume. Storing all he stock parts for two car is starting to be a problem; Especially once he gets his front end. He ordered a HSV GTS front end. He already received the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait to see his car again it's going to sound pretty wicked lol. I stopped by a casey's shop today to see what they would charge to cut out the mid muffler and they wated $150 I thought that was a little high so I left lol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Muffler man by me charged me 60 bucks to cut out my mid muffler and weld in my x pipe. They are super cheap if you have one around you. I did the Amazon x pipe, cut off my mufflers with 3.5" ss clone tips with resonators still on and it sounds good, but I'm trying to get my hands on the maximizer exhaust when available... I like em loud

·
Registered
845 Posts
Valasquez muffler on Irving park in Hanover has done exhaust work for a few of my friends. Always good prices and the staff actually knew what they were doing

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Valasquez here in Rockford is excellent; 6655E. Riverside Boul. A mile or so off I-90, 815-877-6666. Both Shawn and I have had work by them and were pleased.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might have to go to the Velasquez on 19 the one by me is horrible! The last 2 times I went there they did a horrible job it's the one on 25 in elgin I hurd good things about the one on 19

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have kooks lt with cats and new custom exhaust back to Flowmaster 44's
the car is quiet when at idle but a monster at wot

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I bit the bullet and bought some dynomax ultra flo mufflers and some new tips and had velasquez weld them in. it sounds similar to the magnaflows but there is pretty much no drone at all. still not sure if im happy with them I was expecting the exhaust to be a little louder then it is but at idle it sounds better then the magnaflows. I might leave it for a while and see how it sounds after the mufflers break in a bit. maybe I should just get some solos lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Or you can go with SLP Loudmouth axle backs, I have them w/Pypes headers and solo 3"mid pipe. Loud, but not excessive even w full exhaust... Also the tips are one of my favorites.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am thinking of doing Kooks 1 7/8 plus the x pipe. I currently have an early Solo exhaust. Is the cross over pipe good for all cat backs or does it depend on which cat back you have?

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
well I bit the bullet and bought some dynomax ultra flo mufflers and some new tips and had velasquez weld them in. it sounds similar to the magnaflows but there is pretty much no drone at all. still not sure if im happy with them I was expecting the exhaust to be a little louder then it is but at idle it sounds better then the magnaflows. I might leave it for a while and see how it sounds after the mufflers break in a bit. maybe I should just get some solos lol
Mike: They have got to be louder than stock mufflers? How about at WOT? I wonder how these compare to the Hooker Maxflows?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are louder then stock don't get me wrong. They are like the magnaflows except there is no drone. It has a deeper exhaust note. It doesn't sound bad it makes the cam sound better at idle which is good lol.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I really think they are too quite for you. You should pull them and put on something louder and sell them to me. LOL.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol I'll trade you for your diff and will call it even lol. You should give them a shot they aren't that much and are stainless steel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
G8GTNOOBIE
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing