Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I'm new to the G8 and this site but I'm looking for a good list of all the different mods you can do to the G8. I have the V6, I already installed a K&N air intake system and changed all the lights to HIDs. I'm looking to get more HP and MPG. I seen a lot of difference threads saying their ain't to much that can be done, such as chip or tune, so I'm ver curious. Anything information and list of different mods to think about. Please help with a list, places or websites to get equipment, or link to other threads for good accurate information.

Thanks
Ed

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats on you entering the world of the G8. I first had a Base V6 and wanted to get the most out of her. There are others that have just about squeezed out all you can get. Mine was dyno'd and i got 224 H.P.out of her , i had a CAI, deleted my mid muffler added a x-pipe in place of it. Also deleated the resonators , the numbers were pretty good ,only had about 8% loss in the drivetrain to the rear wheels.Hazer also put headers on and intake insulators and a Mace tune,he did the most. There are threads on here with all that can be done.She is pretty snappy for a 4,000# V 6 so enjoy and welcome to the board.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
For the V6 get the intake insulators from Mace. and open up the exhaust. and there is also a tune for our V6s which will add up to 50 hp maybe not that much but close to it.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thank you for all the help and lists! I'm really excited to start working on her. Les- Where can I find the tuner? I've been searching and can't find any.If anyone has the link or anything about the tune please let me know

·
Registered
42 Posts
If i may give a suggestion, i would go with the tune from Mace Engineering out of Australia. they do a great job. a few members have that and i think were all pretty satisfied. you can PM me for more specifics if youre interested.
Awesome! Thank you for all the help and lists! I'm really excited to start working on her. Les- Where can I find the tuner? I've been searching and can't find any.If anyone has the link or anything about the tune please let me know

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Look at Trifecta.com its $400 they tell me

·
Registered
316 Posts
Depending how deeply you want to get involved, there is always a 3.45 Camaro differential conversion or a six speed automatic swap...lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Les- I can't seem to find any on that site. It's like to build apps and stuff. I don't know if I'm looking at the right place or not.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Have you done ANY independent research on ANY of your questions?
i've stopped asking that question... we need to make the search button 3 times its size... awww hell people would still ignore it. :slap:

i remember maybe a year ago i put a post about an aftermarket supercharger for camaros that i thought would be cool for our cars... and someone mentioned the STS Kits...

here you go, a quick SEARCH found it.
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67328&highlight=

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Check with Hazer, I see he has a set of Mace intake insulaters for sale.

From a unnamed mental institution. ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts