Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,650 Posts
First try a hard reset. Unhook the negative battery cable for about 45 mins. Then try it. That's where I'd start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First try a hard reset. Unhook the negative battery cable for about 45 mins. Then try it. That's where I'd start.
Yes I try a lot of stuff already , I’ve replaced the throttle body, I’ve gotten a new maf sensor, new pedal sensor & even repair the messed up wires for the maf & im still having trouble , like it will drive fine for a little then all so sudden go into limp mode

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Brand(s) of parts were used?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Define normal. I does make a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Sure sounds like a lot of information is missing from your posts. For starters, you need to let the members know "IF" you got a successful DTC fault code(s) reset, You have to perform a successful T/B re-learn procedure so it can send back the correct sensor(s) position signals to the ECM. May also have to do the same thing for a pedal position sensor replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure sounds like a lot of information is missing from your posts. For starters, you need to let the members know "IF" you got a successful DTC fault code(s) reset, You have to perform a successful T/B re-learn procedure so it can send back the correct sensor(s) position signals to the ECM. May also have to do the same thing for a pedal position sensor replacement.
Define normal. I does make a difference.
I just one tb from O’Reillys & then I got the relearn process all done & it wasn’t fixed so I got a new mass air flow sensor & I had to repair the wires & it’s still not better

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve done almost everything, I’ve reset the codes & did the relearn process at the dealership , that didn’t fix it & now I’m just stuck on it & need help

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
O'Reily auto parts is a retailer not a brand. The brand is given on the box and receipt. The throttle body is manufactured by one of two entities. Specific questions were asked and generic answers provided. May the force(s) be with you.

Reactions: DrunkenPony1281

·
Registered
739 Posts
Replace Throttle Body Pig Tail Harness

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Where the boys are going with this, I hope, is these cars are very parts sensitive.
If you went to O'Rielly's and grabbed a generic throttle body instead of going to GM and buying an OEM throttle body that may be your problem.
Then there's the silver or gold blade question, there is a specific difference. What that difference is I cannot recall off hand.
Reads like you had a dealership involved for the relearn process, what did they say.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I wouild say go with BASG8 - Make sure you have the correct blade. make sure no wires are broken away from harness or the insulation of wire is exposing raw wires touching. Then make sure a competant shop RESETS the unit. relearning is done with starting , idling etc, . Reseting is program obd2 controlled. Make sure no air gaps anywhere from install.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Thread is located in the V6 engine tech (LY7) section of the forum. The V6 only has a gold throttle body blade. The V8 can either be gold or sliver.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts