Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is 09 gxp, was driving to an event last Saturday when, after driving for a couple hours and stopping, car throws p0481 code for fan control. Found emis2 fuse blown. Replaced and as soon as I turned the key it blewagain. I've tested all related relays and fuseable links, tested each fan, left fan harness unplugged, done about everything I can think of and the fuse blows as soon as the ign is turned on. Coincidentally, I've realized that my HVAC is inoperable and I am now getting an abs warning. I'll hoping that someone with access to schematics can fill me in on the emis2 circuit and if all of these things are somehow connected.... I'm hoping my ecu didn't take a ****

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
F32 fuse emissions 2 check the wiring associated with both the rear oxygen sensors and radiator fans for shortages, fraying, improper ground, etc.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep check PK/DBU wiring to rear O2s, disconnect both harnesses until the one blows again for shorted o2 heater or exh work, the fan circuits are internal to u/h fuse box relays for that fuse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts