Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I received my HPtuner pro yesterday and have done the install, I read my stock file (and made a copy) and did my first scan just see what the program looked like during logging.

One thing I noticed is that even if you save the scan log, when you reopen the file the histograms are cleared. I assume those have to be saved separately?

I'm at the point where I need to use the histogram #8 to start logging fueling error, and begin fixing this stock tune.

The problem - I downloaded the cfg. file that bluegoat mentions in the tuning sticky and saved it. (post #32 on the hptuner histro thread).
"G8GT_Lambda_Basic_14.7afr_223.cfg"
BUT I get a "Unable to parse log!" error anytime I try to open it. I hit ok and there is definitely not a histo #8 for MAF/ STFT's logging.

Lastly, if anyone can better explain to me how the Hz (in histo #8) correlate to MAF that would be great. I mean do the Hz linearly relate directly to MAF?

Any help with getting these histograms straightened out would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to start tuning this Thursday after I get my ducks in a better row. :driving:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Has anyone run into the "Unable to parse log!" error?
Will histograms only show up if if everything is connected to the OBDII? I don't think this is the case, but I figured I'd ask.

Image of the error.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This has never happened to me, however try searching on the hptuners forum. maybe you could post up your config and the log file here as well too...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can someone post a current cfg. File for histo #8? Maf (hz) vs STFT % error.
The one that bluegoat references on the hptuners thread gives me an error and wont load. I tried to just set up the histo myself but my first attept was a failure.

Id like to get this straightened out tonight, so anyhelp would be awesome!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is a config. But im not entirely sure that itll solve your problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Ill test it out when i get home and have my laptop.

You can open the histo even when your not plugged into the car right?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks. Ill test it out when i get home and have my laptop.

You can open the histo even when your not plugged into the car right?
yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts