Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

my Car is Chevy Caprice 2007 LS with 3.6L - V6 ( this model 100% as G8 2009 3.6l )
Mealge is 110000 KM ( about 65000 mile )

I have noisy lifters sound since 1 year

I've tried flashing Oil but and different types of oil but no difference the sound still the same

dealer says , I should change Oil pump and open engine head to change lifters but that cost XXXX$ !

How I know the problem is from Oil pump or Lifters ??

plz check my video to hear the sound ( make the sound on youtube 60-50% )

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Never heard of lifters being a problem on a V6.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
How I know the problem is from Oil pump or Lifters ??
Measure the oil pressure when the lifters are making noise. If the oil pressure is good then it's the lifters.

But you had the lifter noise since 2008, that's 6 yrs. if it isn't getting worse, I'd live with it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi almuhands,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you have been to the dealership for this issue but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
113 Posts
They still have cam followers of some kind
ADJUSTER,HYD VLV LASH(ACDelco #HL129). ADJUSTER, Engine Valve Lifter. For: E 3.6-7(LY7) (2008-2009) (2008 - 2009). Required: 24

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does that mean the problem because of oil pump????

What do you mean there are no lifters therfore where this sound come from?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts