Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I got a serious question I have the g8 v6 model and wanting to do some upgrades I know there are hardly any aftermarket parts for the v6 or At least that I can find but I was thinking bout swaping my v6 engine for the v8 engine but don't know if I need to get a new tranny or does it fit both models please let me know of any info you can thanks

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Im not a mechanic but would think you'd need a new tranny too .

There's a Canadian member named Les who has a nicely modded v6.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
GT's are getting so cheap now, it would have to be a cheaper option to just sell your V6 and purchase a GT. But I understand the desire to do something yourself and different. I doubt the tranny used in your V6 would hold up well over time to a V8 (if you could make it mechanically mate up).

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Do you know how I can get a Hold of him on here
You can private message a member here. Just do a search for Les.

Ill also link him to this thread for yuh.

Edit. I see you found one of his threads : )

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Hey guys Im here ?

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes I got a serious question I have the g8 v6 model and wanting to do some upgrades I know there are hardly any aftermarket parts for the v6 or At least that I can find but I was thinking bout swaping my v6 engine for the v8 engine but don't know if I need to get a new tranny or does it fit both models please let me know of any info you can thanks
You will need a new Tranny the V6 model cant handle much more than 300-350 HP so you would end up burning it out fast. Plus if your swapping to a V8 The V6 Tranny would hold it back alot. The V6 is 5 Speed and the V8 is a 6 speed so not a smart coice in my opinion.
If your going to swap to V8 do the whole driveline.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts