Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Need opinion on wheels

3K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  kingchi1 
#1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum, Just recently purchased a Sport Red G8 GT 3 weeks ago....but have been searching for wheels for it several months before the purchase and my search has come down to the following two wheels:

Vossen VVS-CV4 wheels - Matte Graphite - F: 20x9 / R: 20x10.5

http://www.carid.com/vossen-wheels/vvscv4-graphite-872917.html

http://www.vossenwheels.com/CarGallery/BMW-3 Series-VVSCV4-818.aspx
http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/FileUpload/Gallery

or

EAGLE ALLOY™ - 227 Silver with Mirror Cut Lip - F: 20x8.5 / R: 20x10

http://www.aewheel.com/wheels_detail_specs.cfm?id=2148&cat=471

please give your thoughts on either wheel and thanks in advance for your help!!!

cheech

See less See more
#2 ·
C4V's

#3 ·
Thanks...... that's been the wheel I've been looking at the most!!! I figured the matte graphite would look gr8 on the color car I have. Just the offset is worrying me!!

#4 ·
The mesh look of the Eagle wheels is just so played out. The C4Vs are great looking wheels, for sure. Go with them.

#7 ·
Yeah, the VMR 710, TSW Nurburrings(sp), Eagle 227, Etc. all look so similar. I know there's small differences but unless you have them side by side it's hard to tell them apart. (shrug)

Check out tirerack online, they have the "view on vehicle" option and I'm sure you can find similar wheels for both to put on a G8.

I like being different, which is why I chose my Breytons. :) You need to do what YOU want though, we're not the ones driving your car and looking at it every day.

#8 ·
The CV4's look like they would probably clear big brakes, the Eagles, maybe not. Which ones are lighter? If you think you may ever upgrade your brakes, you may want to consider that now when buying wheels.

#9 ·
thank you all for the responses.... and yeah,y'all are right.... there a ton of wheels that the eagle wheels look like!!! ok then, i have another question on the CV4's, would you go full matte graphite or matte graphite w/machined face??

#10 ·
I'd go machined face, it gives more... depth to the wheel look? You can see a better look at the Breyton wheels I just put in here, with matte grey spokes and machined lip/dish.

#11 ·
Another vote for the CV4. One thing to think about is how they will look if you are at stock ride height. Lowered down on those would be real slick. At stock ride height they may make the wheel gap a bit more pronounced. Just what I've noticed with multi spoke wheels that are not of the "mesh" category

#12 ·
called vossen today about the CV4 and shaving the offset on them so they would fit....they highly DON'T recommend doing that to the wheel :-( so, I searched some more and found a wheel that I thought wouldn't look bad on the car and actually fits without modding it.....
(2) 20x8.5 Roderick RW3 Black/Brushed (Chrome Stainless Steel Lip)
(2) 20x10 Roderick RW3 Black/Brushed (Chrome Stainless Steel Lip) 5 in. Lip

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrrwheels/8036469791/in/set-72157631651422170/

#13 ·
also.... what's the differents in offsets

rear: 5x120 40 mm
5x120 45 mm
5x120 48 mm

front:5x120 35 mm
5x120 38 mm
5x120 40 mm
5x120 45 mm

how will I know which to go with???

#15 · (Edited)
so for the G8's..... what offset do I go with to have the wheel tuck just behind a rolled fender??? (Fronts: 20 x 9 - 38mm offset, Rears: 20 x 10.5 - 45mm.... is this a common offset) because I plan on lowering it. and that's the picture I saw that made me consider going with the eagle wheels!!!

#18 ·
so for the G8's..... what offset do I go with to have the wheel tuck just behind a rolled fender??? (Fronts: 20 x 9 - 38mm offset, Rears: 20 x 10.5 - 45mm.... is this a common offset) because I plan on lowering it. and that's the picture I saw that made me consider going with the eagle wheels!!!
Both of these wheels are going to require serious rolling. A 10" wide rim will need a +60 offset to not required rolling. With the 10.5" wide rim you will need to start reducing offset or you will start rubbing on the inside. A +54 offset is normally used for our cars with a 10.5' wide rim. The wheels offsets in the +35 and +40 for this wide of a rim is unfortunitely designed for BMW's and don't work well on our cars. Both of these wheels will require you to move the quarterpanels out 3/4 of an inch, possibly more if you are lowered.

#16 ·
CV4s with machined face. I like that.

#19 ·
So having the quaterpanels out is the same as having them pulled?? Does anyone have pictures or examples of pulled fenders/quaterpanel pulled??

#25 ·
well, i've had the wheels on only two day and last night the valet service curb checks the drivers side front wheel!!! but where cool and honest enough to come up into the club , find me and tell me what happened then set-up to get it replaced with a new rim!!!!

#26 ·
Pics of the new wheels?

#27 ·
ok... will do!!!

#29 ·
pictures

Attachments

#30 ·
and another

Attachments

#31 ·
BC coilovers will be in soon!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.