Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a pickle I like both of these rims and I just cannot make up my mind on what color of wheels fit my car better??

Feel free to not sugar coat it.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Ugh black wheels? I'm sorry but come on they have been done to DEATH! At least the Camaro wheels with the black and polished aren't the same as every one elses wheels. I'm sorry but when I go to a G8 meet I like to make sure mine stands out from the crowd and doesn't have the "me too" look.

I should have enlarged the pics didn't realize they were the midnight silver wheels.

·
Registered
928 Posts
First picture looks better. They both look good though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm a fan of the first picture too...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I looooove black wheels, when they're tasteful. I wasn't so sure about them but after seeing them on my car, I'm so glad I went the black route. The second set gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ugh black wheels? I'm sorry but come on they have been done to DEATH! At least the Camaro wheels with the black and polished aren't the same as every one elses wheels. I'm sorry but when I go to a G8 meet I like to make sure mine stands out from the crowd and doesn't have the "me too" look.
Uhh, you don't think Camaro wheels are done to death? Having said that, I think the Camaro 20s look better on the G8 than the Camaro.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bit the bullet and when back to midnight silver. With the black I had a love hate relationship. At least with the silver It's a love love. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!

·
every village has one
2,378 Posts
I bit the bullet and when back to midnight silver. With the black I had a love hate relationship. At least with the silver It's a love love. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!
Good choice.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I think you made the right choice as well. I love the midnight silver camaro wheels on a white hot. Did you do a staggered setup?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you made the right choice as well. I love the midnight silver camaro wheels on a white hot. Did you do a staggered setup?
Yupp, technically. They are 20x9 in the rear, but the tire set-up is 255/35 all the way around so it doesn't to much of a difference.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I like the Midnight Silver better as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yupp, technically. They are 20x9 in the rear, but the tire set-up is 255/35 all the way around so it doesn't to much of a difference.
Why would you not keep the 275/30/20 in the rear?
Just curious because I still looking around and debating on tire size for my camaro 20s

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why would you not keep the 275/30/20 in the rear?
Just curious because I still looking around and debating on tire size for my camaro 20s
Well when I bought the wheels from a member on here he had the tires on the wheels already, and they had 3k miles on them. So I plan on burning through these and then getting some 275's.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Uhh, you don't think Camaro wheels are done to death? Having said that, I think the Camaro 20s look better on the G8 than the Camaro.
Thats my fault I didn't enlarge the pics and I should have. On my laptop the 1st set looked like the chrome and black Camaro wheels and the 2nd set looked like the 18' GT wheels painted black, didn't realize they were Camaro wheels too.

With this new information Karl is 200% correct, find something other then Camaro wheels they've been done to death.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an MSM GCP with black plasti-dipped GXP wheels (til I have time to drop it off for PCing) so I'm obviously biased, but I think the black looks great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats my fault I didn't enlarge the pics and I should have. On my laptop the 1st set looked like the chrome and black Camaro wheels and the 2nd set looked like the 18' GT wheels painted black, didn't realize they were Camaro wheels too.

With this new information Karl is 200% correct, find something other then Camaro wheels they've been done to death.
Meh, where I live there is hardly any g8's around here let alone any with camaro wheels. I personally love the way yet look which is why I looked specially for these. To each their own, me personally I like them. I was just seeing if I would like then black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts