Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have read a lot of threads but I still have a few questions. I am looking at thes speakers: http://us.infinitysystems.com/product-detail-11657/ref6030cs.html for the front of my G8. I just want to use the speakers for the doors and leave the stock tweeters. Is this okay? I don't want to run two-ways in the front doors. I also don't want to hack or splice anything. I know I'm asking a lot, but I know the front tweeters have a crossover in them already. So would it be okay just to run the 2 ohm Infinity's and leave the tweeters stock?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ok, I have read a lot of threads but I still have a few questions. I am looking at thes speakers: http://us.infinitysystems.com/product-detail-11657/ref6030cs.html for the front of my G8. I just want to use the speakers for the doors and leave the stock tweeters. Is this okay? I don't want to run two-ways in the front doors. I also don't want to hack or splice anything. I know I'm asking a lot, but I know the front tweeters have a crossover in them already. So would it be okay just to run the 2 ohm Infinity's and leave the tweeters stock?
I would advise against it. The stock tweeters are pretty horrible. If you really don't want to pull off the front dash then just run coaxials and unhook the stock tweeters.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The stock tweeters are pretty horrible.
ditto.

for what it's worth, there's a $7 connector you can buy in pairs to connect aftermarket speakers to your stock wire without splicing anything. I installed components up front and never hacked or cut anything. Hardest part is fishing the wire through the door. Other than that you just take your time with the trim and mount the crossover securely. Was my first component job and I was done with both sides in under 2 hours.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I left my stock tweeters after installing the Infinity Kappa's. After those, you won't even notice your stock tweeters. The high's on the Infinity's is simply amazing. You'll have to turn your treble way down in order to keep your sanity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts