Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about people running a 35+ offset on the Camaro SS 20's. They look nice but I'm seeing just how many people are running them now.

I went out and started looking for a wheel I liked and when along the lines of what I want to do color wise.

I found a set of 20x9 Camaro ZL1's, I plan on wrapping them in a 245/255 35 20 rubber. The biggest reason behind this is, the car is my daily driver, I'd like to get more than 15k miles out of my tires, so trying to avoid a staggered setup.

The issue, and where I need the help is, these rims only have a 27mm offset. I would have to add at 10 to 15mm spacer correct? Otherwise I'll be rubbing, but if I add the spacer will I be putting too much stress on the bolts?

Car info is a stock 09 GT ( no sports package ), but I'll be doing a OEM brembo upgrade around the same time I drop the new rims/tires on.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated on this.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Running a spacer will make the wheels stick out further than the wheel well. You're thinking backwards when talking about the offset. Adding a 10-15mm spacer would effectively give you a lower offset, not a raise it.

I have 19x9.5 +33 at all 4 corners and my wheels are pretty flush. The wheel specs you gave keep the face of the wheel in the same place as mine, but give you 12mm more clearance on the inside. Run a wider tire. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so the second part of the.question is would I rub, my only concern is the larger brembo caliper, everything else "should" be clear.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've actually been looking into running these since Januart but have not been able to find anyone with an offset under +30. SleepN, Can you post up some images of how your wheels fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts