Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one like the factory wheels, and will probably swap the tires between all-season/summer tires and winter tires. I will probably need all-season/summer by the end of summer, and then also purchase winter.

That being said, I like the ride I am getting from the factory tires, so I don't want to venture too far away from what I've got, but was wondering if anyone found a specific all-season tire they absolutely love, and why.

Also need winter tire suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Conti DWS for the all seasons and then NT05s for the summer. DWS do great in the snow rain and dry just do a search and you will see. The NT05s are great for summer but have a very soft tread so you wont get many miles out of them. I went with 265/35/18s(stock 18s) all around on the NT05s so I could rotate them if need be. Have 245-45-18s with the DWS.

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
I bought the cheapest winter tire I could find. Firestone Winterforce tires for my 17" winter wheels were only $99 each. While they are awesome in the snow and ice (make the car tank-like), they leave a lot to be desired on dry roads. Not a performance tire whatsoever. But I was on a budget when I bought my winter setup and they have performed very well for the 3 winters I've had them. Worth the money, but you're missing out on dry road performance.

·
Registered
996 Posts
hankook icept evos for a winter tire. They are a performance winter tire. I like the way they have handled so far.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Best All Season Tires in my opinion are: Conti DWS, Michelin Pilot A/$, General GMax AS-03.

Best Winter: Bridgeston Blizzak, Dunlop Winter Sport

My opinions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts