Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 g8 gt and I'm looking for some help to start building it. I have a couple of parts in mind but have no idea where to start and with what. Any suggestions will help

·
every village has one
2,169 Posts
Tell us what you have in mind.
Are you talking engine, suspension, brakes, appearance?
What's important to you?
What's your budget? ( these girls are not cheap dates)
What work are you comfortable with? Many of use here have benefitted from the help of knowledgable friends.
What are your initial goals? (keep in mind you'll probably get hooked)

You'll get a lot of great input:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell us what you have in mind.
Are you talking engine, suspension, brakes, appearance?
What's important to you?
What's your budget? ( these girls are not cheap dates)
What work are you comfortable with? Many of use here have benefitted from the help of knowledgable friends.
What are your initial goals? (keep in mind you'll probably get hooked)

You'll get a lot of great input

Yeah I want to build up my engine, I was thinking about installing long tube headers but they don't ship those to California. Also I was thinking about a cam but don't know which one to go with. Any suggestion will help

·
Registered
166 Posts
In regards to engine mods I would say the typical route is upgrading intake with a cold air intake or OTR intake. Exhaust next with a catback, high flow cats and/or headers. If you`re looking to do a cam later, you`ll most likely want to go with long tubes. This is the first I`ve heard that you can`t get long tubes shipped to California? Check out Maryland speed.

If you're doing a cam, again, most likely you'll get a DOD delete cam since lifters are an issue and then you'll need the DOD delete kit. You'll want to look into work on your throttle body, intake manifold and heads while your into your engine. If you get a big enough cam you'll need a stall converter.

There are so many options and routes to take and so many upgrades to consider. You just need to search around this site and you'll find just about everything you;re looking for and can decide on a mod direction best for you.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Forged crank, rods and pistons. Worked heads with DOD delete and an appropriate cam. Power adder of your choice. I prefer twin turbos but the blowers work well too. A robust fuel system (pumps, injectors) flex fuel senor. Brembo brakes, coilovers and various suspension bits. A nice set of wheels and a little tint and you're set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts