Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 gt has 26k miles and the stock rubber has alot of road noise especially when turning so they need to go soon as I hate road noise.

What would be a good tire that meets what I am looking for.

- under $800 for all 4
- NO road noise...this may be most important I want a quiet ride
- all season tires
-stock tire size 245/40/19
-longest tread life possible but still have decent grip. i dont do burnouts and dont plan to.

Thanks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Goodyear Eagle GT's generally get good reviews. I see them on tons of cars. Never had them on my G8 or any other car for that matter, but you can check them out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Continental dws has good tread wear, y rated,low road noise and good price

·
Crimson Cruiser
143 Posts
Tread wear sucks on GTs I am dumping mine at 16k miles.
DwS are discontinued but still available through some of big retailers. The General Gmax is made by Continental and G8 owners are all reviewing them well. I am buying them right after the 1st. It is $60 tire rebate month at GM. GM pricematchs all local quotes and internet quotes with freight. I found my 18s for $176 on discount tire w/shipping. I have a dealer I trust with experienced techs. So I will let them do the work and still save cash.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Second vote for General G-max since it's in your budget. Otherwise, Michelin Pilot A/S.

Expand your search to 255/40/19 also if you'd like. You'll find some cheaper prices in that size and they work perfectly find on the stock 19x8 wheels.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The contential dws are still aviable they are posted on the tire,, rack.,

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have DWS on my 19s and they're a great over-all tire. Road noise is good, just a little more the my Potenza RE760s. Have over 12k on the DWS and not even close to being worn out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Second vote for General G-max since it's in your budget. Otherwise, Michelin Pilot A/S.

Expand your search to 255/40/19 also if you'd like. You'll find some cheaper prices in that size and they work perfectly find on the stock 19x8 wheels.
Hell No! I bought the Generals, and while I am very happy with their performance, the noise level drives me crazy. I've got about 1500 miles on them and really wish I would have picked up the Hankooks or DWS instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the General G Max AS-03. So far i am very happy, its more forgiving, quieter and way better in the rain then the OEM tires. That being said you do give up some dry weather grip but unless you are doing very illegal speeds you won't notice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm riding on Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S. Over 10k on the with no issue, good grip dry and wet. Tread wear is holding up pretty damn good. Low road noise. But that's debatable. No one tolerance is the same. Love the Pirelli's. :gears:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
BlackPanther
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing