Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sometimes it just takes time, I guess. As I noted before, the AcDelco sensors are Denso, just a different part #.

Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I was looking at a picture of the ARH header system, an I see that the upstream sensor pokes its nose into one exhaust tube at the collector. The OEM manifold has the sensors located where they see all 4 exhaust pulses coming from their cylinder heads. Makes me wonder if the sensors don't get to actually see enough exhaust strokes after the engine has completed its required 2 complete revolutions. Or *if* its critical that the nose of the sensor be exposed a specific amount for its internal components to measure the fuel/air ratio well enough to supply the pulse ratio an voltage shift that the ECM expects to see. If it can't see enough hot gas pulses, maybe a given sensor becomes sluggish, an unable to move the voltage up an down as needed, an forces the ECM to set that fault code. Course there also seems to be several that have this header system, an don't seem to have this problem. So this thought may just a bunch of gibberish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have sent a message to ARH asking for any insight they can offer and have 2 shops in the mix trying to help figure this out. I'm afraid to do the DOD and further work as i dont want to multiply problems.

need this fixed and inspection crap over with then I can start playing again.

they going to work on car tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you research those two codes, there are 3 possible problems. Since you have new sensors, number one the sensor is not it. You likely have damaged the wiring harness in another area. the other two are "•Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
•Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection ". Wiring problem, not sensor problem

·
Registered
225 Posts
I ran into a problem few years back. Construction on road heavy traffic Large F'n rock. Couldn't avoid it, took out passenger o2. Got a replacement from eurozone. Worked for a week three code again.
Swapped it out for the other brand they carry. Went 10 days three code again.
Mind you this is on the secondary sensor. Which is supposed to be turned off. But the computer needs to see it apparently. Long story don't remember if I made a thread.
After three failed o2 sensors. I went to dealer after looking them up online from gmdirect. Price was about the same as local stores. Got it put it on and no code since.

In diagnosis of the sensors. I had put the car on a snap on modus unit which shows the power output of the sensors. The ones I had been putting on from parts stores even the so called name brand don't give a large enough range for the sensor to work. Only figured this out by comparing the outputs from side to side.
OEM has a higher range that the computer has to see.
Think the sensor was about 130 at most after tax. Which was 10$ more.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts