Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I saw the debute of the new 2014 Z28 with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes I thought hmm possibly a cheaper carbon brake upgrade for our G8's.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am just thinking how much cheaper the CTSV Brembos were getting them from GM rather than Brembo. We will have to wait and see.

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
Still at $1400 PER rotor, $500 PER caliper and $500 PER set of brake pads they're not exactly what I would call cheap!
You got that right. :) and GM might charge more for the Z/28 parts.
The V 6 piston calipers run about $350 each and the ZL1 black calipers are about $800 each. All for a color change :slap:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I guess its a nice visual upgrade, but what would really be the point?

the 6 pistons are already more then enough, unless you use the g8 as a dedicated track car, which then I would ask you why are you using a g8 as a dedicated track car if you can afford carbon brakes. lol

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
There are actually quite a few people who REMOVE the carbon brakes when they start to seriously track their exotics... they are just too damn expensive to maintain/replace when you're pushing the car on track.

-Todd...

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
There are actually quite a few people who REMOVE the carbon brakes when they start to seriously track their exotics... they are just too damn expensive to maintain/replace when you're pushing the car on track.

-Todd...
ahh, that makes sense. probably end up going through many thousands every few track days just on brakes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts