Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I posted anything useful or contributed to the board. But here are some teaser pics of what is coming soon. My car was used as a test fit mule since I don't drive it much. The current offering (what you see) is a 380mm kit all four corners, 6 piston up front, 4 piston in the rear. There will be several kits offered available from 355mm all the way up to 380mm. 4 piston setup and 6 piston. This is a direct bolt on, as there are no drilling of the knuckle required. The smaller kit will fit the stock G8 18'' wheels and 19'' Sport package, and GXP (I'll find out if the 380mm kit will fit those with the 19's stock wheels; GT and GXP's. The 380mm kit will fit with those who are using the 4 door Cadillac CTS-V wheels. Stocking color will be blue and red. There will be other colors available but it will come as an option (more $$ and wait time) as they have to send it out to get powder coated.

As for pricing, I don't have much info on that yet. When I get back from Florida, I'll get more info for you guys and try to answer any questions you may have.

Here are some pictures of the setup.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks pretty sweet.. how do they stop? what compound pads does it come with?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm currently in Florida right now and the car is back home in California. Rotora just contacted me, letting me know the car is done and ready. I won't be back until tomorrow afternoon and will get you more info on the pads compound and what is offered. Slotted and/or drilled if offered as solid non-drilled or slotted is also offered.

I'll post more info as what pad compounds are offered, stopping distance, and all the good stuff when I get back.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Damn thats a big rotor. Gonna keep an eye on this

·
Registered
128 Posts
after doing some research this company has a bad reputation for there brake kits not being of good quality and there customer service being horrible, hopefully thats not the case anymore

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Beautiful. Sub'd.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
brakes

Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I posted anything useful or contributed to the board. But here are some teaser pics of what is coming soon. My car was used as a test fit mule since I don't drive it much. The current offering (what you see) is a 380mm kit all four corners, 6 piston up front, 4 piston in the rear. There will be several kits offered available from 355mm all the way up to 380mm. 4 piston setup and 6 piston. This is a direct bolt on, as there are no drilling of the knuckle required. The smaller kit will fit the stock G8 18'' wheels and 19'' Sport package, and GXP (I'll find out if the 380mm kit will fit those with the 19's stock wheels; GT and GXP's. The 380mm kit will fit with those who are using the 4 door Cadillac CTS-V wheels. Stocking color will be blue and red. There will be other colors available but it will come as an option (more $$ and wait time) as they have to send it out to get powder coated.

As for pricing, I don't have much info on that yet. When I get back from Florida, I'll get more info for you guys and try to answer any questions you may have.

Here are some pictures of the setup.

They look good let us know what the pricing is gonna be

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
looks like a more expensive alternative to the V2 brakes...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry just got back and I suffering from jet lag. Trying to sort things out at home and just picked up the car today.

Here is what is on my car.

FRONT:
A SET OF FORGED ALUMINUM, LIGHTWEIGHT 6-CALIPERS (RF603): WITH DUST BOOT SEALS; METALLIC BLUE

A SET OF 2-PIECE DIRECTIONAL DISC RINGS: HEAT-TREATED, ZINC PLATED (SLOTTED)

A SET OF FORGED ALUMINUM HATS (6061-T6, BLACK ANODIZE FINISH) WITH ANTI-RATTLE FLOAT DRIVE HARDWARE

A SET OF ALUMINUM (7075-T6) CALIPER BRACKETS

A SET OF STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES (DOT COMPLIANT), WITH HARDWARE

A SET OF H6 HIGH-PERFORMANCE TRACK PADS

REAR:
A SET OF FORGED ALUMINUM, LIGHTWEIGHT 4-CALIPERS (RF403): WITH DUST BOOT SEALS; METALLIC BLUE

A SET OF FORGED ALUMINUM HATS (6061-T6, BLACK ANODIZE FINISH) WITH ANTI-RATTLE FLOAT DRIVE HARDWARE

As for pads you are not limited to Rotora. You can use whatever brand your heart desires (Hawk, PF, Raybestos, Stoptech, Porterfields, and EBC.)

I'm sure the 380mm kit is not for everyone especially when there's the CTS-V kit you can buy for pretty cheap. But it's a good alternative to those who don't feel like sourcing various parts to make the rear work.

As to answer will it fit the stock 19's and 18's.Yes, they make various sized from 355 all the way to 380 being the biggest they offered.

Here are some pictures of the car after I washed her. I'll try to answer some more questions as this thread progresses.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for not updating the price, work been really busy and I haven't been around a computer much. Here is the price list from Rotora. Note, these are MSRP price as different dealers will have different price structure and discounts..

Below are the specs and price for the kit that is on my car.

FRONT:

A SET OF FORGED ALUMINUM, LIGHTWEIGHT 6-CALIPERS (RF603): WITH DUST BOOT SEALS; METALLIC BLUE

MSRP=$3,395

REAR:

A SET OF FORGED ALUMINUM, LIGHTWEIGHT 4-CALIPERS (RF403): WITH DUST BOOT SEALS; METALLIC BLUE

MSRP=$2,995

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts