Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting the bumper by KLRG8 finally put on the front of the car. Pretty excited to see the final results. Here's the start of it.

Test fitting the nose (which will be painted and have a different grill)

Cutting the holes and fitting the fog lights:

Prepping the bumper to make sure it's smooth:

Almost 2 solid days of fitment, mudding and sanding, but now it's off to primer.

Just primered, needs another round of sanding.

Adding images to the posts below...

·
1FASTG8GT
750 Posts
Looks really good, cant wait for completed pictures.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Adding images here because the OP can't handle more than 10.

Fitting the support:

this is all I needed to see :)
It def needs body shop work to be put on. There are a few minor things that need to be fitted correctly and fixed. Originally it was around 500 for the paint work, but it's going to be more expensive to fix those issues and fit the fog lights...etc...

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adding some more photos in the original post.

Thanks guys, I've really been looking forward to this.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
682 Posts
^^^ What he said!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added the fog light image. I'm going to keep posting them in the OP to make things easy for future readers.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Love that front end! Looking forward to finished pics

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
That reminds me; I need to get mine fixed and back on!
I just epoxied the fogs in. Worked great.

·
Registered
596 Posts
please please please pay them to blend the fenders. I work at an auto body shop and just had my car painted. This color is really difficult to match and we could not find a color that was close enough to just paint the bumpers( original plan). I promise you will be dissapointed if they only paint the bumper. Then you will pay to have the fenders blended and have to pay more than just doing it the first time.

Also tell them not to go by what the computer tells them because the color that will come out will be more brown than the original MGM. pm me your number and i can send you pictures of what the color will look like. I ended up painting my whole car this color beucause it did not blend well. 90% of people would not have noticed, but i am really really picky!

·
Registered
583 Posts
sub'd for end results! really liking that front bumper though!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
please please please pay them to blend the fenders. I work at an auto body shop and just had my car painted. This color is really difficult to match and we could not find a color that was close enough to just paint the bumpers( original plan). I promise you will be dissapointed if they only paint the bumper. Then you will pay to have the fenders blended and have to pay more than just doing it the first time.

Also tell them not to go by what the computer tells them because the color that will come out will be more brown than the original MGM. pm me your number and i can send you pictures of what the color will look like. I ended up painting my whole car this color beucause it did not blend well. 90% of people would not have noticed, but i am really really picky!
Good input! I talked to them about that and the plan is to do the front bumper by itself and see if it matches. If it fails to match perfectly, then we'll look at blending the fenders. They are supposed to warranty their work. The shop I'm at currently using handles almost all the dealerships (GM included) in the area and has a great reputation. My close friend works there as well. So hopefully, everything works out.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
+1 on results. Looking forward to see them

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
Good input! I talked to them about that and the plan is to do the front bumper by itself and see if it matches. If it fails to match perfectly, then we'll look at blending the fenders. They are supposed to warranty their work. The shop I'm at currently using handles almost all the dealerships (GM included) in the area and has a great reputation. My close friend works there as well. So hopefully, everything works out.
This was mine. Not blended. shot it, and installed it. very good match, in fact I'd say perfect color match, and not the easiest to match IOM.

you have a good plan. just make sure you check it in the shop lighting AND in the sunlight. It can be misleading.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're front end looks amazing, I can't wait until mine looks like that. They have some kind of light gun that they use to simulate sun to verify color. I forget what he called it. Sun is pretty rare in WA this time of year, but I'll make sure I do check it.

I'm also updating some pictures in the OP.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm still in the market for a bumper.. this is extremely tempting, I just dont know how well it'll handle snow+cold+DD year round.. if you dont mind my asking could you PM me your total on the bumper+paint+install and all that? If its cheaper than going gxp route, and can handle the elements I just might go for it..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 40 Posts