Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
I watched the reveal last night. Under $60k and 0-60 in under 3 seconds is amazing. The automotive world just got put on notice. I can't wait to see what the performance numbers from tracks like VIR and the Ring.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can't see a situation where I'm in a position to buy one, but I will say compared to all the photos of the test mules in that checkerboard-ish pattern, the red one in the link up there actually looks really good.

I am surprised I like it as much as I do, frankly.

-J

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Hate to put a front license plate on that thing.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Chevrolet outdid themselves for sure! It is such a gorgeous machine!! Im in love...

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's pretty incredible, and looks good.

It will be interesting to see how the DCT holds up (should be good), or what the maintenance will be like. Most DCTs have fairly expensive maintenance compared to other transmissions which are near zero maintenance at this point.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It's pretty incredible, and looks good.

It will be interesting to see how the DCT holds up (should be good), or what the maintenance will be like. Most DCTs have fairly expensive maintenance compared to other transmissions which are near zero maintenance at this point.
As if a 6L80 over 600 rwhp isn't on borrowed time.

·
Registered
650 Posts
As if a 6L80 over 600 rwhp isn't on borrowed time.
Haha. Well, of course.

More getting at your general buyer who finds out they have an expensive transmission service on their stock car. "My C6 and C7 didn't have this!!"

On 2nd thought, none of those old guys will ever put enough miles on it to matter. :laugh2:

·
Pontiac Crazy
424 Posts
It'll be a great value for the performance for sure. Of course, I'm disappointed that their isn't a 3rd pedal option (yes, I know it's slower) but I understand that it probably would've been too much to invest on the R&D given they can't just drop an off the shelf Tremec in it.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I agree, I really want to see how far that DTC will go!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I agree, I really want to see how far that DTC will go!
C8 owners will have to learn from the GT-R guys. They seem to have it down pretty well.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hate to put a front license plate on that thing.
Then don't. My state requires front plates. Only reason why I'm running one now is I have a truck.

On my G8, CTS-V Wagon and SS I never ran a front plate.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It'll be a great value for the performance for sure. Of course, I'm disappointed that their isn't a 3rd pedal option (yes, I know it's slower) but I understand that it probably would've been too much to invest on the R&D given they can't just drop an off the shelf Tremec in it.
I'm sure it'll come with other trims

Then don't. My state requires front plates. Only reason why I'm running one now is I have a truck.

On my G8, CTS-V Wagon and SS I never ran a front plate.
same. except I hate that they drilled holes anyhow...:crying:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hmm 0-60 in 2.8 seconds with 495/470 HP/TQ and the car weighs 3366 lb. sounds fishy to me.
I read "under 3 seconds". My takeaway is that under ideal conditions (weather, surface, etc.) GM got a 2.99 0-60 time. Real world times will most likely be higher, but don't discount modern launch/traction control and the shift speed of a DCT combined with the weight distribution of a mid-engined car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I feel really bad for Toyota. MkV Supra vs C8 Corvette. Cost about the same. Worlds apart in performance and appearance.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I want one. Sexy AF.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts