Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to do it for quite a long time, so I finally purchased a new DSLR: a Canon 5D Mk 3 with the 24-105 F4L kit lens. :)

So, what better to test it on than my car? Took my car back to my workplace parking lot and took a few shots, so here's a few of 'em!

Built-in HDR! Nifty! The green spot is the sunlight creating a spot on the lens.

Non-HDR shot o' the car.

And another HDR shot.

So far, I like! I'll have to keep toying with it, see what else I can get out of it! :thumbsup:

·
Horse and Car Aholic
35 Posts
Nice shots :) I'm jealous of the HDR. My D3100 doesn't do it, or I haven't figured it out yet :p

Sharp ride!

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys!

In the meantime, here's an attempt to play with my new and old cameras to compare them. My old camera was a Digital Rebel XSi. Both shot at ISO400, 1/10 second, f/4.0, through Canon's 50mm f/1.4 lens. Turned out to be a terrible choice, as I had trouble holding the shot steady on either camera at those settings. Nonetheless, here they are. The first two photos are corrected only for lens distortion, and the color profile is changed to "Camera Standard" on both cameras, with the color temps then set equal. It's also worth noting that I had to crop the 5D image to get it to match the XSi image, so it's crop vs full-image comparison here.

5D:

XSi:

Hard to tell much of a difference. The 5D's is colder, obviously. Not bad for a prosumer camera released in 2008, though it's worth noting again that the 5D's is cropped.

Though if I just let the 5D do its thing, then clean it up for noise and exposure, here's the result:

I shoulda done the same with the XSi.

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very cool... i'm still shooting with an old digital rebel (20d iirc) get you a nifty 50, those are fun to shoot with if you take portraits, Bokah kicks ass :D
I didn't know what a nifty 50 was until I looked it up, but now that I know...

I do have one! :) The shots above were taken with it. It's Canon's 50mm F/1.4, and I LOVE it. On the money, sir! Fast lenses, for the win!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
5d mkiii is a nice camera. that incamera HDR is pretty extreme, my Nikon does not even look HDR, but yours look processed in photomatix or something haha.

anyways, full frame is the way to go, enjoy

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Wow that is a really nice camera. You are going to be able to get some pretty awesome shots with that. I'm still rocking the t1i...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
The Yeti
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing