Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Carbotech Bobcat Performance Street Pads for your G8 GT

The Carbotech Bobcat is our high performance street compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX & XP line of compounds, Bobcat is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat offers outstanding performance, even when cold, and is low dusting and not noisy with an excellent initial bite. This compound's virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900F degrees. The Bobcat compound has been found to last two to three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer which will save you money in the long run while also giving you low dusting, excellent street performance. Bobcat compound has also been found to extend the life of your rotors by two to three times in some applications. Bobcat is NOT recommended for any track use.

For more details please click below to go directly to the ordering page.

Carbotech Ceramic Brake Pads - 08-09 G8 GT

-------------

To see a full line-up of our new products for your G8, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our current sales and specials, please click here.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
If I want to do occasional track use then I guess I need to go with the xp10 in front and the xp8 in the rear. This would require milling the rotors right?

·
Registered
227 Posts
If I want to do occasional track use then I guess I need to go with the xp10 in front and the xp8 in the rear. This would require milling the rotors right?
No, do not mill the rotors. Just put the new pads on, bed them per the instructions, and go hit the track!

G

·
0 Posts
New Carbotech Bobcat Performance Street Pads for your G8 GT

The Carbotech Bobcat is our high performance street compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX & XP line of compounds, Bobcat is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat offers outstanding performance, even when cold, and is low dusting and not noisy with an excellent initial bite. This compound's virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900F degrees. The Bobcat compound has been found to last two to three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer which will save you money in the long run while also giving you low dusting, excellent street performance. Bobcat compound has also been found to extend the life of your rotors by two to three times in some applications. Bobcat is NOT recommended for any track use.

For more details please click below to go directly to the ordering page.

Carbotech Ceramic Brake Pads - 08-09 G8 GT

-------------

To see a full line-up of our new products for your G8, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our current sales and specials, please click here.
Awesome pads! I moved from the stock Brembo pads on my STi to these and never looked back. They were fine for auto-x as well. Do they have them to fit the 6-pt Baer brake kits?

I wouldn't ride full time w/ the XP's on the car though. They will be louder and a bit more abusive to your rotors. Street use typically doesn't get them to the proper operating temp quickly either. I used the bobcats for daily and would switch to the XP8's for track. I did try a set of XP10's on the front of my STi and kept the XP8's on the rear and there was significant improvement in stopping that car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts