Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm hoping. He used to drag race 30-40 years ago with his '69 Camaro and later his "Womp 'em" Wagon. Damn wagon was faster than his Camaro. He said he wanted to come out though this year, so hopefully I can convince him. It'd be cool to get his Camaro, brother's Challenger, and other brother's Supercharged Grand Prix. That would be a good time.

My youngest brother has a Mazda 3. We won't invite him.

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
I saw that...pretty cool idea. My father said his 2010 M6 Camaro has something similar in it that opens up when you exceed about 4000RPM. Not sure if there is any truth in that but I think that is what he was told. Regardless, that car sounds awesome. I'll have to go for another drive in it when he pulls it out to compare to mine now. Haven't heard his baby roar since September!
I wonder if that's like the dual-mode exhaust that is optional on the Corvettes and is good for like 5 extra HP?

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
I'm hoping. He used to drag race 30-40 years ago with his '69 Camaro and later his "Womp 'em" Wagon. Damn wagon was faster than his Camaro. He said he wanted to come out though this year, so hopefully I can convince him. It'd be cool to get his Camaro, brother's Challenger, and other brother's Supercharged Grand Prix. That would be a good time.

My youngest brother has a Mazda 3. We won't invite him.
HAHAHA...we could invite him, he could just be used as the guy that makes everyone else look like their cars are running faster than normal haha...nothing like making a pass after a guy who goes 9.09 @ 1xx, then going 12 something and feeling slow and all the money you just dumped into your car was for nothing.

I wonder if that's like the dual-mode exhaust that is optional on the Corvettes and is good for like 5 extra HP?
Buddies Grand Sport has that...sounds interesting to say the least...I guess you can pop a fuse and they will stay open all the time...

·
GOT VTAK?
689 Posts
Ordered! Thanks for Helping me out Steve cannot wait!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ordered! Thanks for Helping me out Steve cannot wait!
Any time buddy! It was nice talking to you on the phone. I can not wait to hear the feedback connecting this to the JBA LT headers. If you need anything during the install process, give either myself or Jeff a call.

Have a great Easter everyone!!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
no cel huh? that's good news. I might have to stop by this summer for a full system. Sometimes guys like me who are on the fence with the solo and are thinking corsa just need a little poke and incentive though :)

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Belo,
We urge you to drive in a Solo equipped vehicle...that will be all of the poke you need LOL:)

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
no cel huh? that's good news. I might have to stop by this summer for a full system. Sometimes guys like me who are on the fence with the solo and are thinking corsa just need a little poke and incentive though :)
Belo,

It's all too easy... as I said over the winter with you via PM's ... since you're local to Buffalo, sometime soon we could meet up at Mufflerman and you could take a test drive in my car with the Solo axelbacks and HF cats. You will love it. Plus you can meet the crew who would install it for you... they're top notch.

Hit me up with a PM if you wanna meet up some afternoon and afterwards, your mind will be made up for sure. :judge:

·
GOT VTAK?
689 Posts
Can't wait to install I just got mine today. Hopefully Friday

·
GOT VTAK?
689 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Hey guys, quick question for ya. That price you listed, is that price with headers? Or is it price for the mids, minus headers (which you buy at your own cost?)

Trying to figure out what I want to do, buy Kooks LTs, the Kooks Camaro catted connectors + one of your full catback systems; or one of these custom fabbed mids from you and the Kooks LTs.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The price includes the midpipe with the HF cats welded inline, plus our cat-back exhaust kit connected to it. The Kooks headers are bought separately. I hope this helps...remember, it is all bolt-on with this kit.

Steve

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
The price includes the midpipe with the HF cats welded inline, plus our cat-back exhaust kit connected to it. The Kooks headers are bought separately. I hope this helps...remember, it is all bolt-on with this kit.

Steve
Makes more sense... So basically around the same prices a "full" Kooks system would be, but you're providing the axle backs...

Still, not all that bad all said and done.

Gives me more options to consider!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
This is a fantastic solution to bolt on the Kooks LT headers and provide tons os usable power!! Give me a call anytime with questions or to place an order. You can reach me 7 days a week until midnight EST.

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
One more question: you say no CELs right?

Is this no "new" CELs when headers are already installed and a tune is in place to turn off the O2 sensors? Or do you mean that I could take off my stock manifolds, catback, and straight pipe axle backs then install your catted Kooks midpipe and Kooks headers and have no CEL?

If the latter is the case, then damn, this is the first full exhaust solution from headers on back that DOESN'T need a tune in order to turn off the CEL.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
One more question: you say no CELs right?

Is this no "new" CELs when headers are already installed and a tune is in place to turn off the O2 sensors? Or do you mean that I could take off my stock manifolds, catback, and straight pipe axle backs then install your catted Kooks midpipe and Kooks headers and have no CEL?

If the latter is the case, then damn, this is the first full exhaust solution from headers on back that DOESN'T need a tune in order to turn off the CEL.
With our setup and the Kooks LT headers, there is no cell whatsoever...as long as the install is done correctly and there are no leaks. A tune is recommended if you are getting LT headers, but not necessary. I know most, if not all, of the customers who have this setup also have a tune to maximize the benefits of what this setup gives you.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
question, i was looking into getting the high-flow cats, however, i am very interested in this set-up now. from what i've read, this includes the original solo high-flow cats which are welded to the midpipe to connect to the kooks long tubes, correct? so you'd be running the headers into the solo high flow cats...because i don't want to run catless. and the $575 price is the HFC's & midpipe. then i would just have to purchase the kooks headers (part #6712, 1 7/8" (PAIR) NOT the SET, for $903.83 correct?) and nothing else? i already have a mach-shorty balanced exhaust installed. thanks, i greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll let Steve confirm the price, but that looks correct. You will have the exact same system as I do then. Enjoy it. I know I do.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Out cat-backs by themselves are not compatible with this kit...the connecting points are different....the catted midpipe kit in this thread already includes a cat-back, but one that has different connecting points. This was because of how we had to design the kit to fit with the headers. We can always send you the HF cats without the flanges and you can weld them inline.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
These kits are ready and completely bolt-on. Call me any time, 7 days a week until midnight EST.

Steve
516-655-9002

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
21 Participants
GOINGSOLO2
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing