Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous numbers were 355whp/361wtq
Vararam, pacesetter 1 3/4, solo cats, stock midsection and axlebacks, dyno tuned by pat g

New numbers are 403whp/402wtq
Vararam, 4" LS7 maf, TR5 plugs, spark plug wires, Rick C intake/TB, OBX headers 1 7/8 3" catted X pipe, hooker maxflow mufflers, 93 octane, pat g dyno tune.

Was not expecting the good of numbers at all!!! Factory freak.... I'm one of the lucky ones ; )

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
No offense, but you can't technically claim you have a "factory freak" by its dyno numbers. Track numbers will tell the truth, if you're at an average track without -d.a. Too many variables on a dyno.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
get her down the track, lets see them numbers :D

congrats on the decent dyno.

on a mustang dyno my cammed, long tubes ls6 CTS-V did 408 rwhp and 36x rwtq you're doin close to that without a cam AWESOME!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I'm guessing some correction factor or something was off. Those are cam #'s. Thinking you're about 30-40 hp higher than what it should be.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before creating this thread I knew there would be people questioning the validity of the numbers... To too was thrown off at first. Here's what I can tell you for more relative info.... My first numbers were on the same dyno and pat and Kurt both ensured me the dyno has not been changed, calibrated, adjusted in any way what so ever. They also mentioned that they have seen this in the past with vettes, f-bodies, new camaros, and G8s. Where the same type vehicle with same mods or very comparable mods will be much higher than the average or sometimes even lower than average or what would be commonly expected.

Also I have reason to be beleive my first numbers were relatively high considering the mods when comparing to other G8s that were done on this dyno. My old setup was only 10hp off from what a typical G8 with kooks/ARH/obx would put down and I had a very restrictive midsection with bends going down to 2" or less in a spot or two. Therefor the original 355/361 was pretty impressive considering the horrible exhaust and no other mods besides vararam. Now I think my car was able to respond so much due to the combination of everything that all adds up together to make the power I have.

More evidence, there's another guy( forgot is username here and the other board) that had full exhaust vararam 4" ls7 maf and made 389whp. Only difference is I have ricks intake/tb. So based on that comparison, seems closely accurate.

I had the graphs up but there not showing anymore. Ill try again.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm all for testing it on the track but seems like there would be just as many variables.. Track prep, good/bad driver, head wind/tail wind, tires, etc. seems like all those thing could greatly sway the track time. Plus I've never tracked the car so I have nothing to go off of.

·
Registered
895 Posts
As they say, proof is in the pudding. If it was another tuner/dyno, I would be more skeptic, but Damm, great job man, those are some awesome numbers. Nice too see a full bolt on break the 400 mark, and good job to Pat well.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Get her down the track. Trap speed will speak the truth. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Seems like yesterday, you pulled up next to me inquiring about the Maxflows, NOW look at you! ahaha

You make me want to get the LS7 MAF and Rick C manifold/TB. I think Id be happy with 400rwhp

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Unless he has already tracked the car before, the track wont prove anything. We all know that like dyno's, tracks vary quite a bit, and driver mod makes all the difference in the world. Frankly some tracks are a lot more forgiving for MPH than others. Unless the OP can run against his own numbers I don't think what ever time he puts down now discredits his dyno numbers.

I've seen bolt on G8's that make 370+rwhp not be able to get into the 12's here on this forum, while my 349rwhp bolt on G8 ran 12.6s all day on street tires with full weight. Too many variables when it comes to track numbers IMO to gauge what people assume his dyno numbers should be.

And let me again just say that all tracks are not created equal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts