Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The silicone components are high temp 4 ply construction , and the tubes are t304 stainless steel bends that are powdercoated black chrome to give it a nice unique look and is also scratch resistant so that they look good for a long time (unlike polished aluminum) , and all the clamps are t304 stainless liner clamps so that the silicone doesn't poke through the slots in the clamp . This kit also uses a 9 inch k&n air filter . I didn't see any need to use a heat shield due to the tucked away location of the air filter , it would be a waste of time and money to gain nothing . Retail price will be $259.95 , we will be doing an introductory sale at $239.95 from now until this Friday .

You can now order them online at www.neweraperformanceparts.com .

Thanks ,
Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
what are the dyno numbers on your induction system?? Been questions if stock programming is going to prevent any gains.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dyno numbers are in the pcm tuning dyno section , we had it posted here as well but the moderator deleted the post so we had to post something different with pics here .

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
Looks awesome Mike!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Nice CAI setup, it looks good.......

·
AFM Master
1,323 Posts
Mike,
You can ship another one. :)
I just placed my order.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Question for Mike @ New Era

So, how much will you have to tweak this to fit onto the GXP? Did you try OTR? Down under, seems like that's all they use. Russo is a manuf down there I believe, and GMPP has the OTR with guestimiated 15 hp gain. Just asking, not to ruffle anyone's feathers.:gr_devil::gears:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know what will need to be done about using it on the GXP until I try it . As far as the OTR intake , they also do SD tunes on everything , and it is really difficult to fit a mass air sensor in that location going over the radiator , and the air filter would have to be REALLY thin , and wide . I have a shop in AU right now that wants to buy a bunch of these , so I think they all use different styles depending on what the customer is looking for and what they are trying to build for them .

·
I can haz Horsepower?
1,197 Posts
Ordered one today, but you guys already cleaned him out!

I'm in for the next run, sometime next week.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I don't know what will need to be done about using it on the GXP until I try it . As far as the OTR intake , they also do SD tunes on everything , and it is really difficult to fit a mass air sensor in that location going over the radiator , and the air filter would have to be REALLY thin , and wide . I have a shop in AU right now that wants to buy a bunch of these , so I think they all use different styles depending on what the customer is looking for and what they are trying to build for them .
and comparing the two, the OTR seems like it could get a lot of moisture being out there in front as where your system keeps everything clean.

I will be buying one, once I get my ride. Thanks for answering my questions.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mike-
Do you have a more detailed shot of the location of the air filter that you can show us?

In regards to the OTR intakes they make, the majority of them do away with the MAF sensor and rely on the MAP sensor only (if I understand their tuning correctly). I am not sure how much flexibility we will have with that here.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can definitely here the engine when you get on it a lot more , but at normal cruising speeds it is very close to stock .

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know about the v6 , if anyone with a v6 wants to swing by the shop in Rochester , NY I would be happy to test one out for you guys !

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you have one of these in the box I would love to see it. I will be in Bettendorf on the 24th but with out my G8 long drive from Arizona for just a couple of days. Let me know.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All the backordered kits shipped out today , so now we are all caught up with orders and have more kits available in stock !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
Mike @ New Era
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing