Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Product , Now available to order at www.neweraperformanceparts.com .

Bolt on 16 rwhp without a tune!!!!!!!! Currently the only over the radiator intake available made in the US for your G8 . This intake makes 5-7 more rwhp than our other intake , or any other side style intake for that matter! The air box is constructed from 5052 aluminum and powdercoated black chrome and utilizes a K&N air filter , featuring 4 ply heavy duty high temperature silicone couplers and t304 stainless steel liner clamps .

·
Registered
655 Posts
Merry Christmas???

Can I look forward to some sales, how about a nice Holiday Discount! that price is a little bahhumbug since my girl plans on getting me a CAI for Christmas.:boink:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could that possible be the same 5-7 hp would would recover from using the HSRK? From the looks of this intake you wouldn't need it, right? Sorry for the possible highjack, but just asking.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No , the horsepower difference is due to more airflow and shortening the distance it has to travel . I didn't do any testing with the HSRK , so I don't know how beneficial it would be with this intake .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the input. Now we all have to sell our old intakes to get this one. Hopefully the sale will last a little longer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sent PM with a question.

·
Registered
474 Posts
wow that is a good deal knockin off $50 bucks right off the bat with the new design i never bought anything from New Era yet but seem like great guys to work with!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This kit angles the radiator back so there is a gap between the upper radiator end tank and front upper frame so air can come through there .

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks great. Any chance of comparing it to the stock setup and other CAIs with some timed 60-100 pulls in 3rd gear? This should really shine at speed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This isn't intended to be an obtuse question or to be rude but the height of that CAI makes me wonder does the stock hood close over that intake? Looks MUCH higher than what the hood can accomodate. Don

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This isn't intended to be an obtuse question or to be rude but the height of that CAI makes me wonder does the stock hood close over that intake? Looks MUCH higher than what the hood can accomodate. Don
Fits perfect , no hood clearance issues .

·
Registered
571 Posts
I like your design. Looks better than the Orssom OTR CAI and the price is in line too. I was thinking of a design like this, except for angling the filter upwards toward the hood scoops and then creating a foam seal around the outer eadge such that the hood closes down on the seal for a quasi ram air effect from the air coming through the hood scoops, rather than just facing forward. Any thoughts on tweaking the design to accommodate this? If that could be tweaked, I would be more inclined to buy this design rather than waiting for Vararam's ram air that is in progress. I've seen discussions on here about not getting much air through the hood scoops, but seems like a good idea to utlilize them anyway. Just a thought, I don't know about how feasible it would be to do though. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 198 Posts
About this Discussion
197 Replies
61 Participants
missan nissan
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing