Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys... I went to take my Grand Caravan in for some work and I checked out the Charger R/T. I love practically everything about it until I started comparing it to the G8 (Prob be my next car though with teh AWD). What an Epic Fail by GM not keeping this thing going. Every exterior dimension on the Charger is bigger. But when you go inside you lose head room in the back a couple inches in hip and shoulder room and not to mention the trunk. The Charger trunk is a joke in comparison to our G8's. Now to the good stuff.

I went to a Charger Forum and checked out the drag racing section. Granted the 2011's are different but the 2010 250 HP V6's are pulling 15.9X's at the track if they are lucky and mid 15's with boltons. The R/T's are mid 14's stock and you got to do some serious work to hit 13's. I think the most staggering stat is the 60' times I saw posted from some of the R/T's. Maybe its the pizza cutters they come with stock but allot didnt do better than 2.5XX and then go run 14.6's etc. Maybe allot of the drivers cannot drive or its just the way they are. There were a number of them that ran like that. I got a 2.24 out of the gate with 100 less HP and torque (Maybe the Chargers weigh allot more..didnt look that up). I feel pretty darn good about our off the line performance now and the fact I pulled a 15.4 and it would be corrected to 15.1 with the DA I ran at. Like the title says I have a new appreciation for what us lucky people have!!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
V6 with suspension mods is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
My worst 60 time was in the 2.5's,most in 2,4's two in 2.3's with best 2.31. Cant find any one wanting to play around here.But i still go crusing after dinner during week,wife out of town for work.Probly hit the track a couple times more this year,just to see how close i can get to 15.2's.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My worst 60 time was in the 2.5's,most in 2,4's two in 2.3's with best 2.31. Cant find any one wanting to play around here.But i still go crusing after dinner during week,wife out of town for work.Probly hit the track a couple times more this year,just to see how close i can get to 15.2's.
Awesome. I would be doing the same (Cruisin after dinner). I don't doubt you can get down in that 15.1-15.2 range with the right air and deleted that performance chip thingy. I am going to try and time it out so I can go once more on a low humidity 50's degree day. I am going to throw a couple new tires on the rear before I go otherwise I' ll be spinning like mad. When I went in June. It got cool and humid real quick after 6PM. I couldn't keep traction out of the gate even with the track prep. I was really shocked at that. I didn't think I'd ever have traction issues so I didn't even both with a tire rotation. I would imagine the best time to go would be mid day on a cool day. That way the sun heats up the track, you are dealing with lower humidity but still sucking in cool air. I think Dragway 42 has test and tune days into October. I'd love to see if I can get 15.3's.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Awesome. I would be doing the same (Cruisin after dinner). I don't doubt you can get down in that 15.1-15.2 range with the right air and deleted that performance chip thingy. I am going to try and time it out so I can go once more on a low humidity 50's degree day. I am going to throw a couple new tires on the rear before I go otherwise I' ll be spinning like mad. When I went in June. It got cool and humid real quick after 6PM. I couldn't keep traction out of the gate even with the track prep. I was really shocked at that. I didn't think I'd ever have traction issues so I didn't even both with a tire rotation. I would imagine the best time to go would be mid day on a cool day. That way the sun heats up the track, you are dealing with lower humidity but still sucking in cool air. I think Dragway 42 has test and tune days into October. I'd love to see if I can get 15.3's.
Ya took it out before summer,i find i can break' um loose sometimes. Hopefully we have a cool fall to help with ET's,gonna play around with it on friday nites. It is T-N-T so a lot more passes to get her dialed in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts