Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums(haven't been on a car forum since I was 17), and new to the G8 GT which I recently traded my Crossfire in for. Crossfire wasn't by choice really, another driver totaled my Ion Redline Comp., and Carmax had my pulled me in on its good price and 3.2 merc engine ^_^

Anywho, originally I was in the market for my dream car (E39 M5) but with financing company's not really being big fans of older cars, they couldn't do it. I was introduced to a G8 GT at the dealership I was at. The fact that they only came in automatic was a big turn off, but from the test drive, the over all go of the car and its handling got me. But I'm sure the spaciousness and seat warmers also was in favor.

I'm hoping to save some funds for a Transmission tune soon, the manual downshifts when entering is way too laggy.
Anyone know of someone who can do tranny tune in the NE-OTP/Atlanta area for cheap? :driving:

I'm in the Johns Creek/Buford area a lot.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Welcome to the club! There is a Facebook group, Georgia G8's I believe. We're having a big G8 gathering in Tampa June 28th, 29th, and 30th. A few Georgia guys are going to be making the trip if you want to join us.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
I'm glad you found your way here.
There is a lot of info here to take your ride to a better place.

Just search out what you are looking for and you'll find it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome from Bham! You're not but a few hours from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@USF3983 I would love to make the trip but between work, backpacking, and school, I'll have little to no life soon. Hope you guys have a safe run out down there tho! OH! I looked up Georgia's G8's on FB but the group is closed. wth :(

@Perhaps Copy that ghostrider! ^_^

@DavesWhiteHot You're right about that, only a few hours to ol' Bham! Thank you sir :)

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts