Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new from houston,tx recently bought me a g8 gt and i am loving it so far has mod i have gotten is a rotofab intake, next whats been shipped is a set of lt kooks headers what some suggestion on what exhaust set up to go with catless since theres alot of tuner around my area should be putting the car on the dyno once i get my headers and exhaust done.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Did you get the headers with x pipe connection all the way back to the axlebacks? If so, then you want to be looking at axlebacks.... there are several but some are very loud, lots of drone, or stock too quiet. Depending on what your after many can make better suggestions for you.

Where you located in Houston, If you need any help with the install let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get the headers with x pipe connection all the way back to the axlebacks? If so, then you want to be looking at axlebacks.... there are several but some are very loud, lots of drone, or stock too quiet. Depending on what your after many can make better suggestions for you.

Where you located in Houston, If you need any help with the install let me know.
no i just got the set of headers since i was planning on buying the solo exhaust but dont know which one to get since they have 3 type of kits and also since i am going catless and yes i am located in houston

·
Registered
786 Posts
IMO your much better off getting the full kooks header 3" x pipe system and then getting solo axlebacks or any other axle backs of your choice. It will be much easier to instal due to no cutting and welding and you will get better performance out of it with the 3" xpipe and exhaust tubing.

I ment WHERE in Houston are you... If you wanted any help with the install. Ive done several.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO your much better off getting the full kooks header 3" x pipe system and then getting solo axlebacks or any other axle backs of your choice. It will be much easier to instal due to no cutting and welding and you will get better performance out of it with the 3" xpipe and exhaust tubing.

I ment WHERE in Houston are you... If you wanted any help with the install. Ive done several.
Yeaa but i didnt think before ordering so know i will just order the solo exhaust complete and i am located near bush airport

1 - 12 of 12 Posts