Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm. A little "Passat"-like in the 3/4 rear perspective. From the front, the grille openings look about 25% bigger than they should be in proportion to the rest of the nose, and it seems like the lower grille would look better if it weren't split.

I don't think the interior is nicer than the GTO, although the goodies in the center stack are much more appealing for us tech geeks. Not crazy about a blue GUI for the main screen vs red LEDs for the secondary instrumentation atop the stack, which in and of itself looks cribbed from the new Mazdas.

The front seats seem a little less beefy but still nice. If the back seats are consistent with the Holden, they're as flat as two sheets of plywood, where the GTO rears are exceptional.

For me, the two-tone dash needs to have the accent color carried around the door panels. Otherwise it's just hanging out there and looks awkward. Not crazy about butterscotch and black, but my guess is the production cars will get a red\black option.

Moonroof is nice but I live in Florida. We have a name for cars with glass roofs: "oven".

Overall I like it, but I'm fine waiting a few years for the market to cool and the aftermarket stuff to get cranking. I also think there's a good chance we're looking at the basic platform for the next-gen GTO. Meanwhile I'll keep the old Goat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am pleased with the front end. Very nice.

Could you imagine it with the rumored "Solstice" grill??:barf:

R and T says for sale this August!!! That just might be a record for GM

Show to Showroom 6 months!!

I do want more than 362 hp........hoping........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Choices, choices. My GTO lease ends in October, and these will be hitting the showrooms in August. I'm gonna have a tough decision to make.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing the "Ultra-Lux Suede" inserts on the seats. Those really keep you from moving around too much... Trust me. ;)

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. Been looking forward to seeing them all day.

Anyone looking for a used 4x4 F-150 b/c mine is now for sale. :)

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
BTW I can't seem to pull up the article on Road & Track. Did they take it off?

·
18 Posts
Notice from GM lawyers to Road and Track:
'You get a bitch slap, and no not a Bud Light bitchslap'

Those are official GM pictures that R&T had posted... I'd like to see fullsize and color/content details though!

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Looks like they goofed haha

You can't navigate to the G8 pictures anymore from the R&T website. Maybe they put it up too early :bunny:
Ah, whats another goof in a week full of goofs? So much for GM trying to keep it under wraps.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
32 Participants
PONTIACGP
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing