Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 09 v6 with 65k miles. Looking to do cai and exhaust maybe a tune. Have extended three yr warranty though so i dont know if the tune is a good idea.. Best set-ups? Dont want the same old v6 exhaust note. Would like it to be a bit raspy and bmwish thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just got an 09 v6 with 65k miles. Looking to do cai and exhaust maybe a tune. Have extended three yr warranty though so i dont know if the tune is a good idea.. Best set-ups? Dont want the same old v6 exhaust note. Would like it to be a bit raspy and bmwish thanks ahead of time
I have a full catback, tune and intake and I love it. Look me up on youtube for some videos of before and after the tune. Its under Sean Lem

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, i love the car, have always liked them and some drunk idiot tboned my saturn ion in a parking lot, so to the dealership we went... Located abt 30min from stl

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My old V6 mod list is in my sig for some ideas. Have fun modding.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
It's just below my comment lol.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Welcome to the g8board. Enjoy the new ride man

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
What all does the overkill tune entail?
In regular drive it is more like sports mode. The shifts are better & the car runs a better like it should. Since I have the tune on both G8's it is more noticeable on the GT.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sd? What cai and exhaust? Overkill?
I have a roto-fab intake, Solo mach shorty catback, and the Overkill tune is from www.overkill.com

The tune is the best mod to date, but I would recommend installing it after the exhaust and intake. I cut down my 55-100mph time by 3-4 seconds after the tune.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Welcome bro You will have lots of fun with it . Get the tune. Ask me how??

1 - 20 of 48 Posts