Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just moved to the Toledo area from Louisiana. Just wanted to say hi and see if there is anything going on around here.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Whats up?!!!!

I work in Toledo just off Alexis road and live just cross the border into michigan.

Most stuff goes on up into Michigan.... telegraph road up near taylor on fri/sat nights and/or woodward on Fridays nights up near 13 mile road..

Toledo has some car gatherings on friday night up off Jackman road or Saturdays off monroe street across from the mall.... not sure what else happens in toledo though... :)

Welcome to Toledo...

·
every village has one
2,379 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What part of Louisana are you from?

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome and the Pontiac Nationals are at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk from Aug 2-4th. Should have a lot of G8's from the Cleveland and Youngstown and from in between attending on Saturday. There should be a good # of cars hitting the track part.For more info on the event click on this link http://pontiacnationals.com/index.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm about 45min. w. On st rt.24. In defiance, ohio. Maybe I'll see you at some shows. I would like to go to the Pontiac nationals this year.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im from baton rouge. I work off of alexis on brent drive right near the border. Looking for houses currently. good to know there are some cruise nights around. thanks for the heads up. Look forward to meeting you guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there any good vinyl shops around?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pontiac nationals i am definitly going to try to attend. I also have the oldsmobile nationals 2 weeks before i think.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where on jackman is the show?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Whats up?!!!!

I work in Toledo just off Alexis road and live just cross the border into michigan.

Most stuff goes on up into Michigan.... telegraph road up near taylor on fri/sat nights and/or woodward on Fridays nights up near 13 mile road..

Toledo has some car gatherings on friday night up off Jackman road or Saturdays off monroe street across from the mall.... not sure what else happens in toledo though... :)

Welcome to Toledo...
There was "the spot", but it's been a few years since I've done Toledo. Now it's usually Woodward or Telegraph

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome to the Toledo area. There are a number of shows in Toledo and surrounding area. There is a cruise and car show calendar on two different local radio station web sites you can look at. Nothing G8 specific but definitely lots of cars to look at. Most times I go to these I am the only G8. Try 93.5wrqn, also cruisinzekes website. There a regular cruise ins and specific shows. I am heading for the show in Medina if the weather is good Saturday. I am just south east of Toledo and it takes an hour and 20 minutes roughly to get there. Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
80 and sunny Saturday, looks like a good day.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
where on jackman is the show?
not exactly 100% sure.... but the cottage inn right on alexis just west of telegraph a bit has all the info... couple guys in there are car nuts and have all the flyers on their counters... I saw the info there and thought it looked interesting... could just always drive south on jackman till we find it :).... but I may have to stop by the cottage inn again... havent dont a gooogle search but its probably will show up there also...

I work right on alexis at jackman :)... we make the 6L50, 6L80, 6L90, 6T30, 6T40, 6T45....and soon to be something else with a 8L :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice. sounds good to me. I will look at those sites and take a ride down jackman i guess.

NWO i was looking at a house in the woodville area

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
those sites are great. thanks for the tips. i will definitly be attending as many as i can. I miss going to car shows and cruise nights. i will be alternating what car we take once i get the other 2 up here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice to meet you. i sure will thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Im from baton rouge. I work off of alexis on brent drive right near the border. Looking for houses currently. good to know there are some cruise nights around. thanks for the heads up. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Good deal man. I have some family out in La Place. I went down there a few times for vacation and loved it. Can't beat a good beignet!

·
Registered
347 Posts
nice. sounds good to me. I will look at those sites and take a ride down jackman i guess.

NWO i was looking at a house in the woodville area

Nice and quite out here except when I start my car...lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i sort of miss the south. but its too hot for me.

NWO excellent!! My wife isnt sure about the area, shes not really a country girl. haha
how far is it from good shopping etc.?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts