Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New gas cap..code p0455

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GOPHERIT 
#1 ·
I have the original blue lettering gas cap and the spring valve gets stuck and throws p0455 code..I touched the center of valve on gas cap a screwdriver tip and it sprung closed.

Where do I buy the newer style gas caps for the TSB on these blue lettering old ones?
Ebay has all blue lettering ones which I understand were recalled and have that issue.
Auto part Car Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
New Fuel Cap Policy. Blue is the latest rendition or at least that's what the dealership installed awhile back. Unsure if the gas cap pictured is a genuine AcDelco/General Motors product since it looks quite different. Can try Rock Auto, eBay, Wal-Mart, etc.

#3 ·
I still have the original gas cap on my car. An it looks exactly like the one you posted. It has never failed to this date. They do show that the latest an greatest (I guess) fuel cap uses P/N 92251462 an goes for about 17 to $ 20 at numerous places. It does still have blue stamping on them, but now it shows the word "gasoline" above the twist knob an the words "or engine service light may turn on" below the twist knob. Sounds like a fair price if it can correct your problem before moving onto the more painful T/S that may be required. Normally I would think that the gas cap would be the first item that could cause a large leak condition. But I supposse it could also produce a small leak condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.