Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here in Abilene Texas. If all goes well I'll have a 2009 silver GT some time this week(if the car salesmen ever decides to contact me back. Other wise I'm going to look at a black one in Dallas on saturday. There are only a few options within 300 miles of me. Just a little background info.

Never owned a V8, my mom owned several Pontiacs as I was growing up and never had any issues. I've owned several cars with the intention of modding them and never did with the exception of a sound system. I currently drive a 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman(1.8 ltr with about 118hp). But now that I've got a second little one on the way I need something bigger and I actually found this car by accident, or is it fate? Anyway I'm eager to get one but trying to be patient until the right one comes along. But I think this is going to be the beginning of my modding obsession. I also feel this is going to be a great daddy family car. Hope to get some pics posted as soon as I get the car.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Good luck with your search. You won't be disappointed. And the mod bug can bite pretty hard with these cars once you drive them. But just have restraint and willpower like me.... :drink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm sure I'm going to get hit bad with the mod bug, especially considering most of the guys I work with all drive 5.0 and Cobra Mustangs. While I don't expect to be faster than they are right off the bat, but at the same time I am looking forward to the day when we are are the track and they get beat by a family car.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Good luck on your upcomming purchase. When you get to HIT the throttle, your mini will feel like a weed wacker...................

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Welcome! I have a friend from Abilene.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, you'll be s'prised how much power you can get out of the V8. The mini S are neat and zippy, but they're already supercharged/turbo'd so there's not much room to grow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well delivery is set for 1400 on Friday. Don't plan on doing anything right away besides and oil change, now just figure out if I'm going to do it or take it in.

Also if anyone is in Abilene or comes to Abilene maybe we can try to get a G8 get together or something going on, or maybe plan to meet up at the next local show.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well delivery is set for 1400 on Friday. Don't plan on doing anything right away besides and oil change, now just figure out if I'm going to do it or take it in.

Also if anyone is in Abilene or comes to Abilene maybe we can try to get a G8 get together or something going on, or maybe plan to meet up at the next local show.
Congrats and welcome!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well all went well and she's now in my drive way, defiantly alot more power than the mini thats for sure.

Ok I need to know if I'm crazy or it's just because I've never had a V8. But this motor feels so restricted, almost like it's being held back and it just wants to be let loose. Or maybe it's all in my head, but it sure feels like it just wants to ROAR.

On a side note I think an electric cut out is going to be my first mod. The wife isn't about the load exhaust and this will be our vacation car, so I figure this might be the best route. Or I will be updated the sound system, not sure yet. I've almost got enough to do both so who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts