Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a G8 GXP yesterday. I've been wanting one ever since they came out but I was living in Germany at the time (military) and they shut down Pontiac before I returned to the States. I searched around and only found 3 GXP's for sale West of the Rocky Mountains; 1 was a rebuilt title, 1 was ridiculously overpriced at a dealership ($45K with 30K mi) and 1 was only 2 hours away from me in Reno. I went back and forth with a couple of banks before finding decent financing but I made the purchase yesterday. No pictures yet since I spent the day completing smog, title and registration processes but it's a stock liquid red model and in great shape with only 46K miles on it.

I'm not new to Pontiac as you can see from my avatar. I also own a lightly modded 2003 Grand Am GT that I had the fortune of taking with me when we moved to Germany in 2005. Prior to shipping it back to the US in 2011, I made a trip to the Nürburgring with her and enjoyed a lap around the track. I wasn't fast because I didn't want to risk hurting my car that was obviously outclassed among the Porches, BMWs and various exotics.

I'm not sure if I'll start modding the GXP but if I do, I will probably wait until it's paid off first. I haven't even looked into aftermarket parts for these since I honestly didn't think I'd ever get to buy one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello again stranger! Congrats again on your new G8 as well!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and Enjoy, look for the thread to registar your GXP of members here.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Enjoy the car and site. Be careful with the whole saying "I don't know if I'll start modding or not...." This site has been known to induce mod fever and Visa depletion. Just sayin..... LOL

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Enjoy the car and site. Be careful with the whole saying "I don't know if I'll start modding or not...." This site has been known to induce mod fever and Visa depletion. Just sayin..... LOL
SssSSSSSS, not supposed to tell him yet.....

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Ooops, my bad... Furious, just have self control like I did and you'll be fine!! :drink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I expect I'll mod it mildly someday but with this car payment and our 2011 Caravan I'm shelling out nearly $950/mo right now. I wouldn't have even bought a new car if it wasn't a GXP since I still love my GAGT and can be happy driving that around. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get the GXP since it's unlikely that such a deal would come around again. Plus, this purchase allowed me to refinance my van and get both loans down to 1.99%.

Anyway, here are the pictures I've taken so far.

I spent most of my day trying to clear out the other side of the garage so I can put my GAGT back in there. The GXP could use a good wash/wax and interior cleaning so that will be on my list of things to do once the garage is cleaned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts