Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if you guys all know or not but aerpro in australia has made a dash kit with the heat controls built in. its way cheaper then the other versions out there. i will be installing it today. if anyone wants i will put up more pics and let you know how this goes. they have a kit for single and duel climate controls.

Attachments

·
F1rehawk
723 Posts
Looks pretty neat, post pictures once installed!

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
*IMPORTANT NOTE: For models with the flip door tray under the factory head unit, this part needs to be removed and replaced with a standard pocket/tray from commodore models without the flip door tray (not included with this kit).

·
Registered
646 Posts
Unless something has changed, the dual kit doesn't work on the G8 yet. Something to do with the HVAC system being different than a Commodore (perhaps F vs C).

Not just me saying it. It was said by Aerpro.

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
412 Posts
Unless something has changed, the dual kit doesn't work on the G8 yet. Something to do with the HVAC system being different than a Commodore (perhaps F vs C).

Time for us to stop being babies and adopt the metric system like the rest of the world...;)

·
412 Posts
Between the general lack of support - and the lack of satellite radio support in particular - I've lost interest in the Kayhan Audio aftermarket solution. If this allows me to install any double-DIN head unit from Crutchfield, count me in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

everything works and the steering wheel controls too. only issue so far is the dual zone is backwards so if you change the drivers side it actually adjusts the passenger side and vice versa(switch it to single zone and it works fine)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Between the general lack of support - and the lack of satellite radio support in particular - I've lost interest in the Kayhan Audio aftermarket solution. If this allows me to install any double-DIN head unit from Crutchfield, count me in.
it totally will and the customer support has been fantastic

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not sure if you guys all know or not but aerpro in australia has made a dash kit with the heat controls built in. its way cheaper then the other versions out there. i will be installing it today. if anyone wants i will put up more pics and let you know how this goes. they have a kit for single and duel climate controls.
i installed this myself in about 2 hrs, everything works(beside the duel zones being backwards, but if that's a deal breaker you can switch it to single zone). you can also order a harness for about 20 bucks so it is plug and play with your head unit. aerpro was very helpful picking the one i needed for my head unit. you don't need it but it save a lot of splicing. it came with step by step colour instructions on taking the car apart but did lack in wiring instructions....i did it baked( legal in canada). if anyone has questions id be happy to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting, everything I saw from Aerpro was that it wouldn't work on US G8's.
Besides the dual zone being backwards is the unit hard coded to Celsius?

·
412 Posts
How does the G8 know if you're using the metric system or not? I know you can change the cluster to display KPH an Kilometers, and I think you can change the head unit to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Is that local to those units, or is it something deeper?

·
Registered
646 Posts
So, sounds like it "works" for a G8. Just making sure I read everything correctly... it's in C vs F, and the zones are reversed. Both of those make sense.

As Jimal mentioned as well, curious to know if the G8's temp sensor(s) for the HVAC will be confused by the C display or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How does the G8 know if you're using the metric system or not? I know you can change the cluster to display KPH an Kilometers, and I think you can change the head unit to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Is that local to those units, or is it something deeper?
i'm not exactly sure on that one. i live in canada so my car was in celsius already. i don't know if you can change it or if it will read fahrenheit. i will check the menu of the car today for you guys and see if i can change it to fahrenheit and if the kit picks that up. also this kit is half the price of the others out there. if i was you guys the temp would not be a deal breaker anyway.all of the other benefits outweigh that for me. android auto/apple car play/bluetooth/ rca outputs for my 2 amps running my subs and 4 speakers /backup cam and not to mention the sexy factor(this looks so much better then factory. and if you just look at the numbers at low is cold and high is hot then does it even matter????

1 - 20 of 42 Posts