Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks G8guy71 for being the guinea pig for this. I'll definitely be grabbing this for my car. Hell if the only two issues are that the dual zone is reversed (don't really use DZ anyway) and it displays in Celsius, it's a no brainer to jump on this now. You have to figure when it comes to America, the resellers will mark it up to hell and what was a $200 kit will become $300-350 solely due to the fact that they're not going to sell as many here as they do in Australia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
everything works and the steering wheel controls too. only issue so far is the dual zone is backwards so if you change the drivers side it actually adjusts the passenger side and vice versa(switch it to single zone and it works fine)
Have you looked, really LOOKED at the back of the temp controller? Is there a way to change the wiring/plugs/??? from left to right, and right to left? Or, is it "HARD WIRED" and unchangeable???

Just wondering....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Have you looked, really LOOKED at the back of the temp controller? Is there a way to change the wiring/plugs/??? from left to right, and right to left? Or, is it "HARD WIRED" and unchangeable???

Just wondering....
sorry i would of had to take it apart to do that and i did not want to do that. here is a picture of the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
so after using this kit for a while the only complaints i have are:
1) the screen is definitely more visible from the passenger side (i can see fine but its better from the right seat. the temperature display is the only thing hard to read without moving your head over to the right.
2) i had the front usb port on this kit hooked up to my new head unit but android auto would not work(it said unrecognized device) so i just ran the usb from the deck to the phone and it works fine. so now i just dont have that usb port hooked up.
other then that so far so good
the heat still turns on when remote starting the car as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, do you think the kit is "ANGLED" towards the Right side of the car because it's originally designed for Right Hand Drive?

Have you tried to "SHIM" it so it's angled towards the Left side?

I'm glad it's working out for you.

I think I'm going to wait for the Left Hand Drive version!!!

Thanks for the feedback!

1) the screen is definitely more visible from the passenger side (i can see fine but its better from the right seat. the temperature display is the only thing hard to read without moving your head over to the right.
2) i had the front usb port on this kit hooked up to my new head unit but android auto would not work(it said unrecognized device) so i just ran the usb from the deck to the phone and it works fine. so now i just dont have that usb port hooked up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So, do you think the kit is "ANGLED" towards the Right side of the car because it's originally designed for Right Hand Drive?

Have you tried to "SHIM" it so it's angled towards the Left side?

I'm glad it's working out for you.

I think I'm going to wait for the Left Hand Drive version!!!

Thanks for the feedback!
no i admit i have not tried anything because its not bad i just noticed it was brighter while sitting in the passenger seat the other day. here is a night image . everything seems to work in frozen temperatures as well

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i also noticed last night that the hazard lights button does not illuminate. its really hard to see in the dark as you can see in the picture. nothing major because i know where it is but thought id point that out

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm not exactly sure on that one. i live in canada so my car was in celsius already. i don't know if you can change it or if it will read fahrenheit. i will check the menu of the car today for you guys and see if i can change it to fahrenheit and if the kit picks that up. also this kit is half the price of the others out there. if i was you guys the temp would not be a deal breaker anyway.all of the other benefits outweigh that for me. android auto/apple car play/bluetooth/ rca outputs for my 2 amps running my subs and 4 speakers /backup cam and not to mention the sexy factor(this looks so much better then factory. and if you just look at the numbers at low is cold and high is hot then does it even matter????
Hey bro could you please let me know how you ordered that kit. They told me that they did not ship outside Australia. I would love to have that kit by christmas. Could you send me a message to my email.
[email protected] Thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts