Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well only a few months here in the Denver area and wouldn't you know I was t-boned on Dry Creek. My 08 GT took it in the front left quarter...insurance was about to fix but then changed their mind and totaled it. Car was MGM Sport totally stock with the red and black seats etc. Motor had the cam and lifters replaced in 2014 by Sewell Buick in Dallas and has been running great since then. I ended up in a lease Ford Fusion (ecoboost AWD...nice car) but miss the G8.

I'm posting here because the car is currently up for bid on COPARTS. If you need a project, an L76 with lifter work complete, or donor parts to match another give it a look.

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/16355486?searchId=167278599

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that. Glad it did it's job and kept you safe. Surprising to see how little it takes to total these cars. Cost of parts is out of control since the demise of Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea...definitely repairable if it was a camaro or mustang...only oem and salvage parts to work with so quickly adds up.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Great idea RC!

Who do I PM on here?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Engine appeared undamaged and ran/started fine afterwards.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried to bid on it first go around, but apparently Colorado won't allow you to bid on vehicles without a license. Could bid on it via a proxy service or something, but I wasn't ready to go through the hassle.

Corey

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold in March...did anyone here get it??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts