Pontiac G8 Forum banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it's important for me to mention that option can also be fitted on the V6 cars with basic radios. It only takes one extra part to be installed and only about 10 extra minutes during the install. We actually have a real-time video of the install and it only took 38 minutes to do full install/conversion.
Would you have a link to this real time video at all?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #262

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I think it's important for me to mention that option can also be fitted on the V6 cars with basic radios. It only takes one extra part to be installed and only about 10 extra minutes during the install. We actually have a real-time video of the install and it only took 38 minutes to do full install/conversion.
And I thought me doing mine in 75mins was quick.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Monaro,

Any chance you heading to Houston anytime soon ;) We wanted to go to Dallas this weekend but my daughter has her ballet recital. Killed our holiday weekend.

I have a few questions if you could answer please.

1. When say streaming from the iphone does it show the songs from the phone without it being plugged in...so does it stream the info also?

2. What is the - iQ USB Cable Kit for iPod/Smart phone/iPhone integration and charging? Is this different then just a usb cable? and are there usb plugs it seems the stock option was a plug in the center glove box.

3. This comes with VIM so what is required to connect an iphone and have it show the video on the screen...is that the above cable? or is that the iQ Aux-in / RCA cable and then get the apple cable that outputs video?

4. We have a GT and I would go for the option 2. How does the finish on the new bezels match the rest of the G8 interior. I know this is all stock parts from the newer car and was just curious if they changed.

Thanks in advance!!
Gregg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tommyboy I think this thread is pretty dead :( but I did get the stereo and my wife seems happy with it and it looks good. I will answer these questions now that I hav it.

1. No only when it's plugged in.

2. It is a USB plug that plugs into the side of the stereo hidden and the USB plug is built into a cigaret lighter plug....all factory. But we went with the flip cubby and it does not have the lighter plug it just sits in the cubby. Just need to find someplace to drill a hole for it. But the flip cubby makes it so clean.

3. You do need the aux-in cable and the apple out but that only let's you do movies. From what I can tell you have to get he hd out for the phone then get a converter to convert to RCA if you want to show he screen of the phone....this is for a non-hacked iPhone.

4. Completely stock look. Finish and color looks great.

If you have other question just let me know.

Gregg

Monaro,

Any chance you heading to Houston anytime soon ;) We wanted to go to Dallas this weekend but my daughter has her ballet recital. Killed our holiday weekend.

I have a few questions if you could answer please.

1. When say streaming from the iphone does it show the songs from the phone without it being plugged in...so does it stream the info also?

2. What is the - iQ USB Cable Kit for iPod/Smart phone/iPhone integration and charging? Is this different then just a usb cable? and are there usb plugs it seems the stock option was a plug in the center glove box.

3. This comes with VIM so what is required to connect an iphone and have it show the video on the screen...is that the above cable? or is that the iQ Aux-in / RCA cable and then get the apple cable that outputs video?

4. We have a GT and I would go for the option 2. How does the finish on the new bezels match the rest of the G8 interior. I know this is all stock parts from the newer car and was just curious if they changed.

Thanks in advance!!
Gregg

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Sub'd for interest!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tommyboy I think this thread is pretty dead :( but I did get the stereo and my wife seems happy with it and it looks good. I will answer these questions now that I hav it.

1. No only when it's plugged in.

2. It is a USB plug that plugs into the side of the stereo hidden and the USB plug is built into a cigaret lighter plug....all factory. But we went with the flip cubby and it does not have the lighter plug it just sits in the cubby. Just need to find someplace to drill a hole for it. But the flip cubby makes it so clean.

3. You do need the aux-in cable and the apple out but that only let's you do movies. From what I can tell you have to get he hd out for the phone then get a converter to convert to RCA if you want to show he screen of the phone....this is for a non-hacked iPhone.

4. Completely stock look. Finish and color looks great.

If you have other question just let me know.

Gregg
Do you have pics of it installed?

All the factory connections match up to it?

·
Infantry Sniper
851 Posts
JHP has not updated their page regarding the G8 radio. They no longer offer the radio with navigation. I found this yesterday when I was pulling out my credit card to buy the $2,200 Option 2 - iQ Stereo Kit from their website. I put my credit card back in my wallet. Navigation was one of the main reason I wanted this radio in the first place. Now I will be watching if someone is selling off one of these radios that included the navigation.

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
I was looking to purchase this. Been looking around for a while and now I guess I know why I can't find it... sigh.

261 - 275 of 275 Posts
About this Discussion
274 Replies
109 Participants
lilhed
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing