Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
I asked for an update last Friday.
Now Commodore Specialties has removed the taillights from the website.
It's possible that he removed them from his website because they were sold out and don't meet US DOT standards.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's possible, but when I asked him a month ago when he expected to restock them he said "3 weeks."
Regardless, time to move on...

·
Registered
236 Posts
The other vendor mentioned in this thread has his DOT version in stock.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ordered a set w/white C from AU, shipped out today. Will install once they arrive and take pics to post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
GXP25 is exactly right, customs would not allow them to clear due to DOT compliance. Sorry guys, I tried....
Fiddlesticks. Guess it's good customs prevented them from entering the country since some jurisdictions tend to be more of a stickler than others.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's mine installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Spyder is making their own now. Saw them on holdenpartsusa.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, these are from Spyder.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
The ones Spyder has had out for years are different than these new ones. They have individual LEDs instead of the c shaped bar, and no sequential turn signal. I can't find these newer ones on their website.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
The ones Spyder has had out for years are different than these new ones. They have individual LEDs instead of the c shaped bar, and no sequential turn signal. I can't find these newer ones on their website.
The ones on Holdenpartsusa are the older Spyder lights like you mentioned.

But apparently, these new ones are also made by Spyder, even though they're not listed on their website.

Here's a comparison between black (clear lens, white C, blacked out - 4C FED) and red (red lens, white C, chromed out - Ryan Gorges):

I'd still like to see a black option with a red "C".

EDIT: The more that I look at these, the more I'm think chromed out with the red "C" would look best:

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah I had a brain fart when I posted that. It's actually CarID that's selling them. But yeah these new assemblies are made by Spyder and are listed on their website.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yeah I had a brain fart when I posted that. It's actually CarID that's selling them. But yeah these new assemblies are made by Spyder and are listed on their website.
Link? I can't find them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Be careful when installing. The yel & blk wire harness & the load resistor harness that come with the lights like to flop around. As such I pinched one of the load resistor wires between the housing & the body which in turn popped the turn signal fuse.
Just tuck all those wires as far into the housing as you can when mounting the housing to the body.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Also, one thing that video doesnt show is that when the DRL's are on, both the C & the brake lights light up when you step on the brakes which makes you more visible IMO.

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
Do these have the red sidemarker light? Thanks

21 - 40 of 47 Posts